Reaction score
Hello everyone im new here
From co durham England

Never had a drone but i want one
Quick read up on them and its safe to say phantom 3s are the way forward

Question is which one
Pro or advanced ?

I will only be using it for my own needs and not a job etc

Is there any other difference between the pro 4k/advanced recording?
Im not too fussed about the 4k as advanced is still great

Anything i should be aware of??

Also whats this about registering etc???

Thanks
Craig

Good man Craig and welcome aboard.

The only real differences between P3P and P3A are that the camera in the Pro can record at 4k, and that the pro has a faster charger. Unless you have a computer with fast processing speeds, the P3A with its 2.7k might be enough for you. Most pcs and TVs are happy at 1080p anyway. The charger isn't really and issue, at least for me anyway.

They really are a blast to use and you will see the world from a whole different angle!

Connor

Happy days
Thanks for reply too

I just cant warrent myself paying more money for something i aint too botherd about

Unless you are into photography, P3A should be good enough for flying.

I have met few gadget lovers, who always go for the best even if they don't use the features, one of them had bought P3A on my advice but keeps on bugging me saying he should have bought P3P by spending another $250 as that has 4K camera. I know he has no idea about filming. $250 is not a big money but enough to keep his mouth shut.

Last edited:
I'm in the same position as you, trying to decide between P3A and P3P. I've almost made my mind up now; P3A and a second battery. From the video samples I've seen from the P3A, it looks like it will do me quite nicely.

I read on here somewhere that the P3P has a better video link system. I cant remember the name of it. I am look at getting the Pro.
I think it is a Lightbridge. and is better on the P3P , then on the P3A.

I read on here somewhere that the P3P has a better video link system. I cant remember the name of it. I am look at getting the Pro.
I think it is a Lightbridge. and is better on the P3P , then on the P3A.
No difference in video feed between the P3A and P3P. If this was posted here then I'm sure many people would have corrected that statement.

No difference in video feed between the P3A and P3P. If this was posted here then I'm sure many people would have corrected that statement.
I'm trying to find the thread. it was way back in the p3 thread. I was reading all I can and stumbled on it.

I'm trying to find the thread. it was way back in the p3 thread. I was reading all I can and stumbled on it.
The P3Pro has a wider range of available video bitrate, when set to automatic it will select the best video quality for you as higher bitrate = shorter range. P3A is locked in at 2mbps which allows for longer range but is a problem only if you buy and install the hdmi module that allows you to use large displays or goggles. On small phones or tablets people say they cannot tell the difference.

Compare the Phantom Series | DJI

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    180.5 KB · Views: 397
Reactions: phantom13flyer
I love this forum already lol

I am on any forums
But this forums layout is the spliting double of
The audisport forum i am on.....is it the same person who created this one....could it be? :D

What are people using for the screen
Tablet / phone etc
I am looking into buying tablet soon too

I dont bother looking at my bank statements anymore :(

Motorbike
Car
Gopro camera
Just got back from holliday in australia
....p3
....tablet
Money pits o_O
...oh and a girlfriend ...she costs the most :cool:

I use an iPhone 6 plus and the screen is brighter without a sun shade than my iPad mini 2 is with the sun shade so I would say to pay attention to the screen brightness of your device. I have heard a lot of people are happy with the ipad mini 4, I didn't even know there was an ipad mini 4 but I guess there is and Phantom pilots are happy with it. You could even buy the 3-d printed piece for your controller that will let you use even bigger tablets like the ipad pro but that seems to be overkill. If I do buy the hdmi module I would use it with 3-D FPV goggles, i hear it is awesome to fly that way.

How much are the goggles...yeah that will seem pretty cool :cool:

Ive seen p3p for around the £900 price with the carry case too
i dont know if its real as usual price everywhere else is £1150 etc

New P3A owner here... Food for thought:

Are you planning on getting into aerial photography as a hobby? If so, I'd spend the extra $200 or so for the Pro.

The P3A is a great little machine, and it takes awesome video/stills. My deciding factors were:
1) I have 1080p compatible hardware (TV/'Puter) so it serves my needs well, because I don't plan on a new TV anytime soon.
2) EITHER platform WILL require some knowledge of photography/videography. Your depth into this is a deciding factor.
3) The expense doesn't stop at buying the quadcopter. If you want to make a 'noteworthy' video presentation, you'll have to
take into account video editing software, currently owned (and upgrading) equipment, and future investment in this aspect.
(ie: you have a 4k camera on the drone, a 4:3/5MP still camera, and less than 720p video camera. The 4k is moot, unless
you plan on eventually upgrading everything else. Your aerial photography isn't the ONLY aspect of a good production.

This is all hind sight for me. Am I sorry I got a P3A?... h*ll no! A P3P (4k) camera can be purchased in the future IF you decide to
get into it. Plug-n-play for the P3A. Right now my 'other' equipment closely matches the P3A, so it was the right choice for me.
Fact is, I still have a LOT to learn about Aerial video. Where YOU stand is the ultimate deciding factor.

Good Luck!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1