Hello from WV!

Reaction score
Posted the first in the P4 area, sorry.

Anyway, new P4P owner here. This forum helped me already so I'm trying to get active in it to return the favor.

Here's some shots I got from the beautiful New River this past weekend.

Feedback welcome!

[EDIT] - video has been posted in a new thread- here's the youtube link:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

e75222c2e1e072685452d8bd2887c3c3.jpg

aee97e309829523f0b9df0576a19e6ec.jpg

Last edited:
Most. I had a warning on the DJI app, but checking Air Map, I think I found a smidge of clear area. Speaking about that though.. I'm pretty depressed that most of the beautiful areas are basically off limits if your camera has rotors :(

Edit: I think I was approximately here 38°07'57.5"N 81°08'58.9"W

As long as you are not on NP land you can fly over it. Not hard to do at the new river gorge I would think? I thought about the bridge. Babcock would look good now.

As long as you are not on NP land you can fly over it. Not hard to do at the new river gorge I would think? I thought about the bridge. Babcock would look good now.
The way I read it it included flying over it (in additional to what I remember specifically about launching or landing) though I'd be happy to be wrong!

I tried Babcock! That was my first stop. However they have a restriction as well. Drones can only be flown 1-4. It says on a sign. I was really bummed, I arrived at 9AM.

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

The way I read it it included flying over it (in additional to what I remember specifically about launching or landing) though I'd be happy to be wrong!

I tried Babcock! That was my first stop. However they have a restriction as well. Drones can only be flown 1-4. It says on a sign. I was really bummed, I arrived at 9AM.
Was it a long drive? Go back at 1 pm. Love to see videos of Babcock. I'm tempted. Over 2 hour drive for me. Check post here on NP flying. I'm sure you can fly over.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.

Was it a long drive? Go back at 1 pm. Love to see videos of Babcock. I'm tempted. Over 2 hour drive for me. Check post here on NP flying. I'm sure you can fly over.
I was in the Beckley area already and we were going to stop by on the way home. It's about 1:45 from home. I might go back this weekend or the next. It just irritated me.

Did you mean to attach a link?

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31