Hello from West Midlands, UK

Reaction score
Hi

I am based in the West Midlands, UK, and looking for some help and advice please.

Been messing around with small cheap drones and FPV to see how things went and am now hooked. Looking to buy a Phantom over the next few days - but still not sure whether to stretch to a 4 or stick with a 3 Advanced. Any advice / comments welcome.

Where abouts shadow? I have the advanced. What are you looking to do with it?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi - Im near Kidderminster. Well - this started as I do some practical shooting, and we use small Go Pros etc on sticks to try to film the action - and we thought what a great idea to get a drone and film from above. Well - as you probably know the cheap drones don't do that good a job - one of our early attempts is still up in a tree as it couldn't cope with even a small breeze and wouldn't respond to the controller. I flew model aircraft some years ago and really enjoyed what we could get out of the cheap drones anyway - so thought I would go up a little. This went from one around £100, to a Parrot Bebop, to a Parrot Bebop 2 and onwards - and really the Parrot is a logical conclusion as why keep wasting money on cheap imitations which really don't do what they are meant to do. Apart from filming the shooting I just think I will enjoy flying it for fun.

Decided to take the plunge and went for the 4 - did my first very limited flight in the back garden and now need to find somewhere to give it a better run out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31