Hello from Sutton Coldfield UK

Reaction score
Hello - Have my Ph3 standard for about a month really enjoying it have moved from smaller quadcopeters and rc helicopters .

Hi - just joined - looking to buy my first Phantom and really not sure which model to get - how are you doing with your standard 3?

Hey :) I don't think there are many of us active UK members here.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi - I agree there doesnt seem t be many UK people here - where do you find to fly around Wolves?

Yes so Im finding out - just need to make that final decision on which model to get - then be bold enough to send it out to some distance and trust it will come back !

I deliberated for a while and then opted for the P3S, I had no plans to fly indoors and figured I didn't need the extra range as we can legally only fly 500m LOS anyway.

Yes I agree - my only thoughts with the 4 is this collision avoidance system. I have an iPad mini but it is only Wi Fi - no SIM card fitted - do you know if you need the 3G/4G connection to make any of the features work?

You will be able to use it but you will need to cache the maps of the area you are going to fly when you have a wifi signal. I don't think you'd be able to use the follow me function either because if I recall correctly the mini doesn't have GPS, I may well be wrong though.

Any idea what you would need to use that has all the functions like GPS etc?

I do want to be able to use the feature where you draw a square around someone and it tracks them - is that follow me, or is follow me where it tracks the controller?

Sounds good. Just need to decide which to get and then get out there and try to use it. What do you use yours for?

I do quite a lot of photography so I use it for aerial imaging and I am trying to get to grips with video editing, steep learning curve but enjoyable. Living in Norfolk means there are large expanses of land to practice over.

Nice - we are a little more built up around here but hope I can find some places to fly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik