Hello from surrey UK

Reaction score
Hello to one and all.
Sorry to start with a dumb question, I've just taken delivery of a P3p, sadly my iPad mini
is version 1 and won't work with the Phantom.
Question I have is, If i buy a newer iPad mini3/4 do I need the WiFi & cellular version?
Any help appreciated. Happy flying everyone.

You only need the cellular version if you want to use 'Follow Me', and to be able to re-locate the Home Point to your controller's position. This is because the non-cellular version does not have GPS built in.....you can add GPS function later by using dongle if you find you need/want it.

Welcome to the forum (that I am new to as well :) )

I use either an iPad without cell or an iPhone that has cell and actually prefer the iPhone since it has the maps (cellular data) but really you don't need it.

Now Surry is what, south of London?? I VIVIDLY remember driving on the A27 from Brighton to Portsmouth and turing the corner and seeing Arundel Castle. Oh my, what a sight. We don't have those in Texas!!

Welcome to the forum (that I am new to as well :) )

Now Surry is what, south of London?? I VIVIDLY remember driving on the A27 from Brighton to Portsmouth and turing the corner and seeing Arundel Castle. Oh my, what a sight. We don't have those in Texas!!

Thanks for the welcome. I've bought an iPad with both WiFi & cellular, so that should do everything I need.
Arundel castle is in West Sussex (south of Surrey which is indeed south of London)
I was there today as I was working down that way, just wish I had the P3p up and running as the weather was perfect.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj