Hello from Southern Oklahoma (sorta)

Reaction score
Southern Oklahoma Ardmore / Marietta area
I live in Southern Oklahoma between Ardmore and Marietta but work in central Texas.
I'm new to the quadcopters, but have enjoyed photography for years. I purchased a Phantom 2 vision off Craigslist about 2 months ago.
The person I bought it from was very honest. He said the FPV didn't work but the drone would fly correctly. So I started flying it and as usual there were a couple of crashes. Mostly due to my part.
I have since ordered a Phantom 4 BUT somehow UPS lost it. They are in the middle of their 8 day investigation. Hope to have it resolved by Tuesday the 12th.

I have been reading some of the post on here and it seem to be a great bunch with lots of helpful ideas.

Well I've only flown a P4 so I have no idea how the P2 flies. But the P4 is very easy as long as you are outside where it can see some GPS satellites. The only other quad I've flown is a very cheap little thing. Fun but nothing like a Phantom.

https://www.amazon.com/Quadcopter-Gatling-Machine-Onboard-Channel/dp/B00AZEALUK

I have not crashed the P4 yet but if you take it slow and give yourself lots of room you should be ok. Get comfortable in GPS mode before you try sport or anything else.

Hammy, Thanks for the info.
Flew the P4 then the P2V. BOY, whata difference. Love the P4. Tried out the Obstacal avoidance, outo takeoff and auto landing. Have to admit I'm sort of a control freak. Prefer the manual take off and landing. But the point of interest is great s well.
Still working on the camera settings.
Also found out if I record in 4k my outdated laptop will not play the video.

Yea. I agree about the auto take off and landing. I dont use them anymore. And I dont think the obstacle avoidance works in sport mode so I definitely do not depend on it.

I dont have any use for 4k video on so I dont record in it. I record in 1080p mode.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20