Hello from Southern Illinois

Reaction score
New drone owner here. Super glad to find a place I can get some real support. Hope to become a pilot, have tons of fun and who knows, maybe I'll make a few bucks down the road. I drive truck for a living and hope I can stop and get some amazing shots across the country. Any advise is appreciated. Thx.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Reactions: Flying Pilgrim
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopter’s.

Was finally able to take my drone up for the first time yesterday. Well the first do-over time. I'm not counting the technical first time. It was probably a good thing that I did the trial run because it taught me so much. Mainly how easy it is to crash and cause expensive damage. Even though it is great fun this bird is no toy. I also learned how difficult it is to send your drone back to dji for repair. Would you believe I actually thought I could get Best Buy to exchange my drone after I crashed it? I got some great shots of a family picnic yesterday. One with about sixty people. It was awesome. Then afterwards I realized I forgot to hit record on the camera. Lol. I get a second chance today at the family reunion after church. I guess I need to call the airports. There's like two maybe three small airports within five miles of the reunion.

Always start with lots of open area. Stay away from trees and don't fly if you think a thunderstorm is coming. I did and the sudden gust of major wind blew drone over 1/2 mile away before I even knew it.

Enjoy just be careful.

Howdy there Pilgrim!

What part of Southern Illinois are you from?

Depending on where you live, Southern Illinois can start as far north as the south shoulder of I-80 LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan