Hello from Saratoga NY!

Reaction score
Hey All,

Happy to be here. I got my P3P 2 months ago and been flying almost everyday as long as there's no rain. Looking forward to getting some cool ideas from the group!

Hey there neighbor! I'm in Greenfield. Have had a P3P since it was released. Don't get out enough to fly though :( About 105 flights / 15+ hours of flight time. Welcome aboard!

Thanks @KAOS Imagery!

Great to be here. I find the discussion here better than the stuff on "forum.dji.com". I'm up to 99 flights and 10hrs of flight time. Getting better and better each day..and more confident in flying further away.

Agreed, better than the DJI forum. There are still enough fall out of the sky stories that hurt your confidence. Earlier in the year, I was much more confident! But I have been fortunate, no major issues, no shell cracks and mine was an original issue unit.

I'm a little concerned about the GeoFencing and 5 mile radius around airports here. There are tons of private grass strips with little to no traffic. It doesn't make sense to call them every time you fly at a reasonable distance from them. I guess we'll see how it pans out...

"Falling out of the sky" is a constant fear of mine. Whenever I take off I fly close by for the first 5 minutes to ensure the copter is working correctly. Regardless I start shaking at 4000k+ out.

I'm also concerned about the Geofencing. Honestly it doesn't make a lot of sense to me at all and sounds like the government or "enforcing agency" is simply trying to put controls on activities that don't need attention. I'm not planning on upgrading my DJI GO app for a while until I hear about some better feedback. These quadrocopters cost way to much to be limited in flight areas. All us pilots should know to not fly around airports...its common sense. Just fly smart.

Anyway, thats my newbie rant.

Reactions: KAOS Imagery
I used to live in Rock City Falls but now am out in Hoosick Falls. More space out here.

Now to just get the taxes back so I can get the P3P.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik