Hello from Riyadh KSA

Reaction score
Just found the forum

Expat living in Saudi Arabia, had my first successful flight this weekend
P2 with GoPro on fixed mount.

Super happy with my first flight. ( was nervous as hell)
Now I want to find out how I can stream the picture to remote......( want to see what I am taking photo's of)
Let the journey begin.....

Reactions: slowjohnny
thx, so far really glad I found it
was planning to try upgrade a similar way way to the vision( with cellphone wifi)
I now see that this is not going to happen.
Will have to investigate the 5.8GHz.... and permanent mods

Hello from riyadh.. Just to check with u guys, If anyone has dji phantom drone in riyadh, Saudi Arabia?
Where can I buy it, is it allowed to import it in Saudi Arabia?
Thanka

You can't buy it in Riyadh.
If you want to add camera, be very careful.
They don't want any kind of "drone" with camera and video. It is considered a security risk.
I have seen many smaller quads even some with cameras at toy shops or down in Bhata though.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You can't buy it in Riyadh.
If you want to add camera, be very careful.
They don't want any kind of "drone" with camera and video. It is considered a security risk.
I have seen many smaller quads even some with cameras at toy shops or down in Bhata though.

Thanks for the info

hi

i talk to customer service of Ubuy.com (powerd by amazon base on UAE) and ask them if they ship dji phantom 4 here KSA specialy here in riyadh and he told YES is this true? will KSA custom allow this one? and if ever they allo what are the limitation?

Hi I was able to get one sent from UAE, but it did not have a camera attached and was shipped as a toy.

I will not fly my quad in any public place or near populated areas.( Granted I am paranoid) but not worth the hassle in my opinion.

I did travel with the quad once through airport security locally.
They pulled it off and did inspection, they were not happy and asked where the camera was but let it go after calling the supervisor. ( no camera attached)

I have been told you can register with the aero modeling ( and get customs clearance to get RC planes in etc) but not sure about quads with integrated cameras.

Hi I was able to get one sent from UAE, but it did not have a camera attached and was shipped as a toy.

I will not fly my quad in any public place or near populated areas.( Granted I am paranoid) but not worth the hassle in my opinion.

I did travel with the quad once through airport security locally.
They pulled it off and did inspection, they were not happy and asked where the camera was but let it go after calling the supervisor. ( no camera attached)

I have been told you can register with the aero modeling ( and get customs clearance to get RC planes in etc) but not sure about quads with integrated cameras.

yeah coz i'm only thinking to buy here and bring it home on my country. will air port personnel still check this item if i bring home?

when did you try to bring your quad here?

I got it about 14 months ago. Via hobby gulf.

Not sure what airports gonna say.....

No... I wanted to but without someone to guide me through the correct options , I didn't know which to pick/ select etc. Mafia Arabia
:p

are you from KSA or expat? cos i am thinking to buy here dji phantom wit camera and bring it to my country. will custom confiscate this? even though i'm leaving KSA?

I am expat, sorry really don't know what customs will do.

Welcome : Gotta say that would be interesting flying a phantom in KSA, are you flying on a compound or out in the desert? Maybe the Saudi's will get into racing mini quads like Dubai and turn it into a big sport! I've spent some time there as well, Riyadh and Taif. Have you been there long?

Welcome : Gotta say that would be interesting flying a phantom in KSA, are you flying on a compound or out in the desert? Maybe the Saudi's will get into racing mini quads like Dubai and turn it into a big sport! I've spent some time there as well, Riyadh and Taif. Have you been there long?

Live in compound in Riyadh, been here for 2 yrs.
only fly in desert( away from ppl)

Hello people, in September I'll be flying with Saudi Airlines having transit in Riyadh. Does anyone know if security cares for a P2 with FPV installed? Customs should not care because I don't really enter Saudi Arabia right? I'd really appreciate any experiences you all have made [emoji846] Thanks a lot!!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20