Hello From Matthews, North Carolina

Reaction score
I am retired and trying to become a Phantom 3 pilot. I have owned a Phantom 3 4K for over 2 weeks now and yet to get it off the ground. I thought it was fly right out of the box. boy! Was I mistaken. I had to buy a different iPad, extended Ipad holder, connection adaptors, and I still can't get IMU calibrated, firmware updated, even start the rotors. I was a machinist for 30 odd years and I am stumped. This is a cry for help.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Did you download and read the Phantom manual yet (it does not come in the box)? If not, you can find it on the P34K downloads page.

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Did you download and read the Phantom manual yet (it does not come in the box)? If not, you can find it on the P34K downloads page.
I tried downloading the firmware the second day I owned the drone. Little green light kept flashing on the gimbal until it said it was finished. I even succeeded in calculating the IM U, finally. What I have now when I open up DJ I Go, I get the overall status page which says I have a barometer error and right below it it says to contact support if it persists after restart. When I get the full flight page (I guess that's what you call it) at the top it says disconnected. On the aircraft status page, it says "firmware upgrade required", and IMU says "error". I am almost at my wits end and I'm ready to chuck the whole thing.

What happens when you try to upgrade the firmware?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20