Hello from Kentucky. I have yet to purchase a drone. I need advice.

Reaction score
I have about 600 dollars to spend. I know that's not much. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm a little Leary about going used. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello
animated-smileys-waving-015.gif

Welcome to the forum and the addiction er hobby :)

If you could stretch it just a pinch you could move up into the P3Advanced which is a solid aircraft and a lot of BANG for your BUCK.

Should I hold out for the phantom 3 advanced? Or for a total nube like me is the basic 3 enough? Used out of the question?
Thanks.

Welcome to the group! I would definitely go for the P3A or P3P over the Standard, much better machine IMHO. The Spark is fun but has its limitations. If you do go for the Spark I would definitely suggest getting the Remote Controller with it, it's much easier to fly with the RC. Fly safe!

Reactions: BigAl07
Thanks for the advice. Is buying used or refurbished out of the question?
Thanks.

I generally avoid used it unless I either know the person or can verify the aircraft is worthy. It's way too easy to hide crash problems until it's too late and in your possession.

Refurbished WITH a warranty is something totally different though. :)

Reactions: Newbieguy
You can find the phantom 3 advanced refurbished for around $639 dollars in Amazon. It's only $40 bucks over your budget but it's worthy!

Reactions: Newbieguy
I generally avoid used it unless I either know the person or can verify the aircraft is worthy. It's way too easy to hide crash problems until it's too late and in your possession.

Refurbished WITH a warranty is something totally different though. :)

Do you have any solid suggestions on who I should go with?
Thanks.

Do you have any solid suggestions on who I should go with?
Thanks.
I'm pretty sure you can get Factory Refurb from DJI. I've never bought one but I'm pretty sure I've seen others mention it even on this forum.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopter’s.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopter’s.

Thanks!

I have decided to purchase the phantom 3 pro 699.99 refurbished. I'm stoked!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers