Hello from Johnstown, PA.

Reaction score
Hi! Just bought a Phantom 3 Standard a little over a month ago. As digital photography hobbiest I was intrigued by the possibilities a drone opened to photography. Being spring in PA it's either been too wet, too windy, or too cold, but I have managed to get the bird in the air a few times and love the pictures and video possible.

Here is a view of the western part of the city from 400 feet up.

Attachments

• DJI_0002.JPG
    DJI_0002.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 361
Reactions: dirkclod
Hello from Chambersburg PA!
I grew up not far from Johnstown. (Spangler) I also just recently bought a Phantom 3 standard and am beginning to learn it. Nice to see others from PA here!

Welcome to the forum. You'll find a lot of good information here in the forums. I think you are going to love the Phantom.

Hello everyone, I'm from johnstown I've been building mini quadcopters most of the summer. I've been looking for someone to fly with.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I do most of my flying out at my sister-in-law's house near Boliver. In Johnstown most of the city is within 5 miles of the airport. That includes everything from the Incline to Richland and beyond. When I contacted West Hills police about the park behind the incline I was told by the chief "There are no ordinances against it yet." I've been there flying a couple of time in the morning before people start using it.

I've also been told by the ranger at Stackhouse park that I could fly my drone there.

The Johnstown police said not in downtown. One of the officers told me they haven't even had their (SERT) drone in the air for a couple of years do to all the FAA hoops they need to jump through. Maybe now that everything seems settled one or more of them will go for the remote pilots testing. I haven't talked with them since Thunder in the Valley.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic