Hello from Jacksonville FL

Reaction score
My Name is John L and new to the "Real" quad copter flying. My area of ops will be at Losco park, exact date TBD. Demolished one turnigy microcopter and realized I needed a better aircraft.

Purchased the Phantom 3 Standard at the local Walmart and ground tested the equipment as best I could in the house (props not installed). The DJI-Go app loaded fine on a iPhone 5s, iPad2, and a Android but the Android kept dropping WiFi connectivity. (Huazza for ground checks).

Will fly using the iPhone or iPad... after my wife lets me open it as a present after Christmas. ;)

I am hoping to use the P3S for hobby flying, waypoints, POI, and (simulated) photo missions. I think 2D and 3D mapping will be interesting too.

A friend shoots friends events on the side so I might pursue the FAA cert (might be like chasing gooses but gotta have plans).

Received a Chinese 3rd party, unused P3 battery (no cost to me) that might work. Not sure if its even worth testing (risking).

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and I wouldn't use anything other than OEM batteries . :)

Welcome to the forum and the hobby :)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual
wreath_sm.png

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! I also would stay away from 3rd party batteries... the risk is much higher than the reward IMHO. Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20