Hello from Illinois/Nebraska

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I live in Illinois, but am working Nebraska. (living in a hotel for a few months) and I really want to pass the Part 107 test (as soon as possible) and get a Phantom 4 Pro.

I'm studying to take the Part 107 test in the evenings at the hotel and may be asking for some advice. I have no flying, airspace, weather, etc. experience and the FAA Study guide is intimidating.

I may be asking for advice. Wish me luck! I think I may need it.......

Nice Forum and great interaction!
Thank you!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Reactions: Rayb27
Welcome to the forum Ray .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Don't be intimidated by the study guide. Just start reading and studying. It is a lot of info for a first timer. I am a Certified Flight Instructor and teach ground. First thing you need is the FARAIM. Its actually 2 books in one. The first part (Federal Aviation Regulations) covers how to get a license, the rules to operate with that license and how to lose your license by not following the rules. The second half of the book is The AIM (Aeronautical Information Manual) this will tell you about airspace, airports, radio calls and a whole lot more. This will be your go to book for pretty much everything. Every year they add to it. So 2017 faraim should have sUAS in it now. Just take your time and study study study. It is a lot of info to learn for a newbie. Good luck and use this platform for questions. Aloha!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4