Hello from deepest Dorset (UK)

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Recently joined the forum in the hope of mining the extensive seams of drone knowledge here so thought I'd better make my presence known!

The name's Bob and I work for a wildlife conservation organisation. It is in that light that I've started using UAVs to assist me in my work. Up until now this has been using mostly fixed wing aircraft for aerial mapping and NDVI work. More recently however, a contractor used an Inspire 1 (V1) to video the extent of an invasive reedbed for me on one of my nature reserves (the tall, thin plants show up better on oblique footage and almost disappear if photographed via a nadir orientation!), and this was really the first time I'd considered how I might use these smaller rotary wing aircraft in my work too.

So now I've the opportunity to utilise a small sum of money to acquire one myself, and to train up for a PfCO. Expect to see a number of questions from me in different parts of the forum as I attempt to get up to speed on them - and I'll thank you now for your time and patience if you're able to help! In return I'll gladly share what little knowledge I have on this if it helps others.

All the best

Bob

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20