Hello from Dayton, Ohio

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am new to the Phantom community. I just got my first Phantom 3 Standard last week and I had my 1st flight over the weekend. Can't wait to do more with this great drone.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1457397074.215981.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Welcome! I work in Dayton and live in Xenia! This is an awesome community, enjoy!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nickster
Chris, so far I have been happy with it. Took it out for the 1st time Sunday. Furthest I flew it was about 300 feet HD, 150 feet VD. Being new, scared me not wanting something to happen the 1st time out, so put it back in beginner mode. That was great so I could just fly it and it stopped when it went 30 meters. Tonight I tried without beginner and it went good, plus I got an awesome pic as the sun went down!

Looks good! I haven't posted anything on DJI Go yet. Mostly I've just been coming here or posting to YouTube.

Wanted to go out today but...well, too much rain.

On the "scared to go too far" front - I went 400 feet VD and 500 feet HD in Mason last weekend. Lost sight of it for a minute, which freaked me out until I hit RTH. Naturally everything went fine. Gotta do more flights so I can feel comfortable. Too freaked out thinking I'm going to waste 800 bucks.

Chris, glad I am not the only one that feels that way. I am going to try it at my in-law's farm in a few weeks. That is when I will probably really let loose since I can see a long way there.

Welcome, Jeff. Now you, Ryan and I need to go fly somewhere. Ryan, I ordered my 2nd battery over the weekend, so decal orders will be coming when I get that. Figured I will hit them all at once!

Welcome, Jeff. Now you, Ryan and I need to go fly somewhere. Ryan, I ordered my 2nd battery over the weekend, so decal orders will be coming when I get that. Figured I will hit them all at once!

Haha, just got my third battery Friday cause I needed it for a job. It's a slippery slope, soon we'll each have 10 batteries lol

Haven't flown with a club in a while, which club?
I found Wingmasters in Dayton. Need to have AMA stuff with it too, which is I think $170 per year beside their dues. May check out their free drone day. In May. I will post that info here in a minute when I find it on their site again.

I used to be a member of Wingmasters about 10 or so years ago back when I was doing Nitro planes. Was a good group of guys back then. That was back when I was poor and really couldn't afford to keep paying the dues. Now I've got the money but not the time LOL such is life.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers