Hello from Athens, OH! First video.

Reaction score
Hello to the Phantom Forum from Athens, OH. I have been flying for a couple of weeks with my Phantom 3 Standard and am really enjoying it. So far I have mostly been concentrating on safety and flight control but will be turning my attention more to camera settings to optimize image and video quality soon.

I am a photography professor at Ohio University and l at some point I will have to go through the process of getting my 107 certificate to keep everything legal so I can incorporate using drones for stills and video into the courses.

First rough video from my second flight over the hills of Southeast Ohio:

If this is for educational course work, are you certain that you need Part 107 Certification? I think it is a good idea, but unless you are flying for commercial purposes you might not need it to teach a course.

If this is for educational course work, are you certain that you need Part 107 Certification? I think it is a good idea, but unless you are flying for commercial purposes you might not need it to teach a course.
Unfortunately the regulation is not just for commercial use, it is for any non-recreational use, including educational use if you are a paid educator. See their letter on the subject here: https://www.faa.gov/uas/resources/u...dia/interpretation-educational-use-of-uas.pdf

Hello to the Phantom Forum from Athens, OH. I have been flying for a couple of weeks with my Phantom 3 Standard and am really enjoying it. So far I have mostly been concentrating on safety and flight control but will be turning my attention more to camera settings to optimize image and video quality soon.

I am a photography professor at Ohio University and l at some point I will have to go through the process of getting my 107 certificate to keep everything legal so I can incorporate using drones for stills and video into the courses.

First rough video from my second flight over the hills of Southeast Ohio:
Your priorities are in the correct order;) In too many videos we've seen a kind of "texting while flying" occur, bad day for all concerned. And beware of the trees...they know how humans have treated them in the past, and are extremely depressed, and need the Lithium;)

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Reactions: Fabio Ars Nova

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20