Hello from Arkansas!!! I have a question???

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am interested in opinions as to what drone motor/prop would make the loudest angry bee noise??? You see, our school mascot is a Yellow Jacket (type of bee), and I would like to make a noise maker that would sound like an angry bee. I've heard drones and the sound they make is very close. Any suggestions?

Hello All,

I am interested in opinions as to what drone motor/prop would make the loudest angry bee noise??? You see, our school mascot is a Yellow Jacket (type of bee), and I would like to make a noise maker that would sound like an angry bee. I've heard drones and the sound they make is very close. Any suggestions?
Yep - some drones do sound a bit like an angry bee. But in my opinion it's probably easier (and maybe safer) to download a sound effect and play it over a PA system.

A Google search:-

https://www.google.bg/search?client...UTF-8&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=3hoAWuzgGZCV8QewkIsQ

One example:-

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Yep - some drones do sound a bit like an angry bee. But in my opinion it's probably easier (and maybe safer) to download a sound effect and play it over a PA system.

A Google search:-

download angry bee sfx - Google Search

One example:-

Thank you for the response Steve. But, I am a football Dad, sitting in the stands, not up in the booth with the PA. I would like for the announcers to blast a swarming sound when our defence (my son) makes a great tackle or play. But they don't... So, along with the other fans, I need to make my own sound... I'm thinking a drone motor with prop mounted in the end of a mega phone cone might work???

So, does anyone have an opinion as to what drone (motor) and prop sounds most like an angry bee???

OK - it was just an idea.. :) Can you not wire an electronic player into a small portable PA, such as a megaphone? It would be less unwieldy and probably more effective.

Nonetheless, it's quite a subjective matter I would imagine, but I think that a P3 sounds quite like an angry bee. The P3 has 9450 propellers and either 2312 or 2312A motors, but both motors are very similar. 4 of them working in unison with props are quite loud but I would guess that 1 working alone would be somewhat less impressive. Although several factors will affect the sound you get, the size of the propellers (the bigger the better), the shape of the prop, the speed of rotation and the pitch of the blade are the major ones.

You can get quite a lot of sound info from Youtube.

(at 1:00 minute mark)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj