Hello fellow P4P fliers

Reaction score
Hi from Vancouver, WA located 15 minutes from Portland, Ore. After moving to the Pacific Northwest 4 ½ years ago from NJ I started flying drones. My first was a Hubsan X copter. Loved it. I quickly out grew it. I then purchased a Phantom 3 Standard. Loved it even more than the Hubsan. Only one problem; I kept losing the Phantom in the sky. So, when DJI released the Phantom 4 Obsidian I immediately jumped on it. Problem solved. Plus, the intelligent flight modes are incredible. Since I hate typing this will probably be the longest post I make.
DSC_2.JPG

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and stay safe.. Thumbswayup

Hello from the opposite side of the country, Florida. Glad to have you on board. Fellow P4P (and others) pilot. Have visited your beautiful area, before drones, and would love to see your aerial views. Enjoy

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome from 355 miles south of you in Brookings Oregon. I'm only a P3P owner, but enjoy the scenery in the Pacific Northwest.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Hello! You say that you bought the last phantom (obsidian) because it is black. Probably your first drone was black as well.
That's obvious. To notice the white phantom on a bright sky might be hard. The black one is better visible in such conditions.
But, yes there is always BUT, how you see the black one on a dark background. In my country is a lot of hills and forests so many times if not in most of my flights this is the same. Forests are usually dark and my white phantom is clearly visible in such conditions. Having the black one I would be flying much higher to have the sky behind it.
This was already discussed a few years ago.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hi from Vancouver, WA located 15 minutes from Portland, Ore. After moving to the Pacific Northwest 4 ½ years ago from NJ I started flying drones. My first was a Hubsan X copter. Loved it. I quickly out grew it. I then purchased a Phantom 3 Standard. Loved it even more than the Hubsan. Only one problem; I kept losing the Phantom in the sky. So, when DJI released the Phantom 4 Obsidian I immediately jumped on it. Problem solved. Plus, the intelligent flight modes are incredible. Since I hate typing this will probably be the longest post I make.View attachment 122873
Welcome to the forum.
Tom

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20