Hello All, new member here have a question about delayed FPV

Reaction score
Hello EVERYONE,
My name is Jerry D., i recently purchased a new phantom 2 vision, ( I'm a member of the jump the gun crew ) i bought my phantom the day before they blew the whistle on the F2V+, man i should have waited! ( JUST 1 more day ) , but i wanted the free battery sooooo bad, now i realize it was all a wooze, to sell a few more oldies, before the new was released, but history is behind me now, PLUS I LOVE, my phantom 2 Vision ( P2V ). Anyhow, I've flown it several times now, i keep a detailed log of each flight ( time, weather, drift, issues, wrecks, and basically anything worth describing. ) luckily no wrecks yet, lol. But did have a near fly-a-way once ( SUPER SCARY ), failsafe SAVED ME! ( my fly away, i noticed when it started speeding up ( going up and away, at an angle from me ) i only had 4 satellites, i had seven upon lift off, with home point locked. The problem , is that it was going away at such an angle, i had the sticks, pulled to their extreme most settings, just to keep it in sight, finally i switched my toggle, NOTHING, So i shut off the controller, to initiate fail safe, it did come back, and i noticed it had 8 satellites upon landing? It did land SEVERAL FEET from where i lifted off from? Kind of weird? I recalibrated compass, and no more issues? No update as of then, it was already up to date from the factory., sorry off topic, but thought I would share. I do have a personal GPS TRACKER, attached to it now, cheap insurance policy, lol. Works great.and stays on for up to 72 hours.even after the phantom has exhausted its battery. ( if anyone is interested in doing this, i can help you out with parts list, and where to activate, ect ( USA ONLY ) as i know nothing about international stuff?

My question:
The last 3 times I've flown my Phantom 2 Vision, my FPV, has been several seconds behind actual footage? ( like 6-8 seconds ) I restarted my I-Phone 4s, and tried with perfectly charged batteries ( everything ) radio, wifi repeater, and phantom, but problem, is still there. I updated, my camera, phantom, and controller, to the newest firmware, ect. Per dji instructions, also recalibrated controller. Everything went smoothly, but i had to recalibrate compass again, flew it, and same problem, super delayed FPV. Im So frustrated! AHHHHHHHH! Please help? Flying it is perfect ( no issues ) only FPV?

Thanks for any and all help, as I'm at a loss with this issue? Thanks and take care.

Your friend
Jerry D.
Sarasota, FL. USA
( J Dot )

Re: Hello All, new member here have a question about delayed

OK FOLKS,
Problem SOLVED!

1) I deleted and reinstalled the DJI APP
2) changed my PREVIEW SETTING TO: ( under settings in app )
( 640x480 15fps )
3) Problem solved ( I still want to field test ) but worked fine for 5 minutes or so no delay or glitching!
( NOTE: I did start with a lower setting ( 320x240 15fps ) but found picture quality was poor ( FPV view only ) actual footage is fine
So I moved to 320x240 30fps was better, but 640x480 15fps was my iPhone 4s's sweet spot, when I tried to push it to ( 640x480 30fps DELAYS started and gradually got worse as time passed! So switched back to 640x480 15fps.

I have a completely stock Phantom 2 vision
Running latest firmware and drivers, I use an iPhone 4s,
I'm running full 1080p ( I chose the middle setting, can't remember what it was off hand? )
And and previewing at ( 640x480 15fps )
( I added a GPS tracker to my phantom 2 Vision as we'll )
IN CASE OF FLY AWAY!
Seems to be doing good! Will keep you updated!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers