Helipal?

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has ordered from Helipal? I like one of their packages, price is good (I assemble) Their are in Hong Kong, for me that would be the only drawback

Ksc said:
they are good. sometimes shipping takes a week or two. but they have good prices and good service

Thanks, I like everything about it except the case they offer. Its not large enough to fit a FPV, need to check out some others

Ksc said:
they are good. sometimes shipping takes a week or two. but they have good prices and good service

Agreed. I was actually impressed with how quickly I received my order coming from overseas like it did. I got the Storm All-In-One FPV Deluxe and the iOSD Mini. Very pleased.

+1

My deluxe Storm FPV kit made it to California from Hong Kong before my Phantom made it from New York.

Helipal are awesome, I ordered my DJI Phantom 2 with gimbal and Storm FPV, and it got to me in 2 1/2 days (New Zealand). Will definitely use this guys for all my gear.

They were great when I ordered from them. Five days from Hong Kong to UK.... better than some of the UK sellers! :shock:

hey!

i was thinking of ordering the deluxe vs the easy...

the only real difference is the screen.. and that is 100USD more...

is it really worth it?

phantomnz said:
Helipal are awesome, I ordered my DJI Phantom 2 with gimbal and Storm FPV, and it got to me in 2 1/2 days (New Zealand). Will definitely use this guys for all my gear.

yeah same .... was freaked out how fast parts arrived 2.5 days to the door .... tracked parcels were insane fast :shock: ... just ordered new set of motors from Aerial Media pros in USA .... speed not so much ...

I have the standard version which i am happy with, but if i was to purchase again, i would go for the deluxe version as it has outputs for goggles or another screen if you need to show a client. Also mine only has an 1 hour of usage instead of 2. The only other thing i would recommend, is to purchase a different monitor bracket and also cloverleaf antennas. In saying that, i am still happy with my version. Cheers

FASTFJR said:
Ksc said:

Thanks, I like everything about it except the case they offer. Its not large enough to fit a FPV, need to check out some others

Which FPV setup are you using? So your setup can't fit in their case?

airbiscuit said:
FASTFJR said:
Ksc said:

Which FPV setup are you using? So your setup can't fit in their case?

I have the Storm Easy FPV (US$249), the monitor mount, while it works, the bolt that secures the monitor to the bracket is hard to tighten, and the screen still turns. I have just ordered a mounting bracket that mounts to the neck strap bolt, and have also ordered cloverleaf antennas.

FASTFJR said:
Ksc said:

I ordered my P2 with gimbal, extra battery, Storm deluxe, iosd and their case. It's crazy how fast their shipping is. It came in 3 days to me in the U.S. Also, I was able to create a spot to fit the LCD screen. The only complaint I have is that the foam is kind perforated so you can customize it to make little pockets to hold your stuff - after taking things in and out, some of the foam starts to come loose. I think I'm going to glue it at all the seams so it stays in tact. Will have to experiment with what glue will work best. I'm thinking just some of my kid's Elmer's glue. You can see the LCD in the upper right.

p2_05.jpg

phantomnz said:
I have the Storm Easy FPV (US$249), the monitor mount, while it works, the bolt that secures the monitor to the bracket is hard to tighten, and the screen still turns. I have just ordered a mounting bracket that mounts to the neck strap bolt, and have also ordered cloverleaf antennas.

I agree and have the same problem. I've been tightening it by sticking the screwdriver that comes with the P2, in the hole of the screw and tightening it. I think I'm going to get a different screw. Since it seems to be the standard thread for a camera mount, I should be able to find something pretty easily. Also, to keep the LCD from sliding/rotating, I think a layer of electrical tape or something with some give, on the carbon fiber and/or on the bottom of the lcd will help create some friction so that it doesn't slip.

Another thing about Helipal . . . I flew this past Saturday and had an encounter with a tree that really messed up my gimbal. After testing to make sure everything was working on Sunday, I put in an order for props and a gimbal Sunday night. I got a text and email this morning that says it's going to be delivered today. That's pretty freakin fast. :D

I had a few questions before placing my original order and they replied promptly with relevant and friendly answers. Their Engrish is kind of funny and charming. It's not bad because I understand what they're saying. Cracks me up a bit, reading the product descriptions on their site.

Would recommend.

phantomnz said:

i am also looking at the 'easy' set up.. i guess there is no soldering involved? and how 'bad' is the LCD screen? as i can only really difference between the deluxe and easy is the LCD screeen

oh.. i just saw that the LCD need 5hours of charge before it can be used for 1 hour..woah!

hellhole said:
phantomnz said:
oh.. i just saw that the LCD need 5hours of charge before it can be used for 1 hour..woah!

Actually, I have that one and it charges much faster than that. It also will last for a couple of days of flying for me (so... yeah... 1 hour or a bit more on the internal). I would say it charges in a couple of hours or less from a normal discharge state (as in - not flat). It is about what I expected - similar to many electronic packages.

I've used them a few times now. Really fast shipping and even accepted a return when I ordered the wrong part. Highly recommended.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers