Helipal...... I have a bad feeling.

Reaction score
Have been flying on a sim for a few days now and decided that I needed to get in the air.
Just ordered a P3 over the net from "Helipal" The money was drawn on my credit card and I received advice that delivery would be in 4 or 5 days. Hong Kong to Australia. Yiiipeee!!!

Got an e-mail today requesting a copy of drivers licence and credit card to verify who I am.....
Not happy about putting that over the net and have let them know.
Has anyone had any experience with this company, I have a real bad feeling....
Have been reading a few threads about flyaways, but didn't think of it happening like this.

I have purchased a few things from Helipal over the years and have never had any trouble. They have never requested my drivers license. I would contact them and ask them why they need it since the money has already been drawn from the credit card.

Reactions: Norm Walker
It is highly unusual that a merchant in Hong Kong wants to obtain a copy of your Australian drivers licence. Its none of their business.
There is also no need to get a copy of your credit card as they got the money from your credit card already.
It could be that they had a few fraud cases recently were people ordered with stolen credit cards. Talk to your bank you got the credit card
from and ask them if that request is acceptable. If they say its not, ask your bank to reverse the transaction.

It is highly unusual that a merchant in Hong Kong wants to obtain a copy of your Australian drivers licence. Its none of their business.
There is also no need to get a copy of your credit card as they got the money from your credit card already.
It could be that they had a few fraud cases recently were people ordered with stolen credit cards. Talk to your bank you got the credit card
from and ask them if that request is acceptable. If they say its not, ask your bank to reverse the transaction.
My bank warns me about twice a year never ever respond to emails wherein the asking creditcard numbers and so on!!

I have used Helipal a few times,very fast shipping to the U.S.
I use PayPal

Thanks for the info.
Some good results by the sounds of it.
I'm not sending any other details and hope the P3 gets shipped.
Fingers crossed and hope to be in the air soon.

Helipal are excellent. A merchant has the right to ensure that the goods they send out to are to bonfide customers. When I travel around the world brick and mortar stores ask for proof of ID when I use my card. When I go to pick my package up from the local parcel depot they ask for proof of ID

I have personally ordered X2 DJI inspires, several P3P, additional lightbridge units, intellegient flight batteries from HK. I have paid for standard airmail which is tracked to the UK and also used DHL (3 days) - very fast service.

I think Helipal are ensuring that somebody is simply not using a stolen credit to buy items. I believe the first time I ordered some items from Helipal they asked for proof. Tower hobbies in the USA asked it too 12 years ago

You have nothing to fear from Helipal.

I've bought from Helipal. Great products and service. I used Paypal and they never asked for drivers license. That seams a little "phishy"

Helipal are excellent. A merchant has the right to ensure that the goods they send out to are to bonfide customers. When I travel around the world brick and mortar stores ask for proof of ID when I use my card. When I go to pick my package up from the local parcel depot they ask for proof of ID

I have personally ordered X2 DJI inspires, several P3P, additional lightbridge units, intellegient flight batteries from HK. I have paid for standard airmail which is tracked to the UK and also used DHL (3 days) - very fast service.

I think Helipal are ensuring that somebody is simply not using a stolen credit to buy items. I believe the first time I ordered some items from Helipal they asked for proof. Tower hobbies in the USA asked it too 12 years ago

You have nothing to fear from Helipal.
I rang my bank and they advised against this course of action. I have asked Helipal to credit the amount and I will finalise the transaction using Paypal.

I rang my bank and they advised against this course of action. I have asked Helipal to credit the amount and I will finalise the transaction using Paypal.

I think that is very sensible. Paypal offers you additional protection. Hope you get your order soon.

I purchased my old FPV system from Helipal without issue.
Arrived in a timely manner down here too..

I paid with one of those Multi Currency Cash Passport cards that had some US currency left in it from a trip we did over there a few months prior.
No dramas at all....you'll be fine Norm

I purchased my old FPV system from Helipal without issue.
Arrived in a timely manner down here too..

I paid with one of those Multi Currency Cash Passport cards that had some US currency left in it from a trip we did over there a few months prior.
No dramas at all....you'll be fine Norm
Thanks for the reassurance Matt.
They are talking to me by email. Hope I can get this sorted and get in some flying time.
Was in Melbourne last week. It's much warmer up here on the Gold Coast.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1