Helipad

Reaction score
Almost done with my helipad! Thinking about some led lights to light up at night and some adjustable legs for leveling. The pad is 30"x30" and made of 1/4" plywood.
IMG_20170310_133906389.jpg

Plenty of those on Heli forums .....

I had one but gave it to the club ... who left it out for a few winters !!

Now I have a piece of hessian backed carpet cut to fit the carry bag of my P3S and it gets zipped inside ... ready to use.

Nigel

Reactions: Unit505
Our grass is kind of deep and I wanted a pad to get above that and not dust up the lense.

Our grass is kind of deep and I wanted a pad to get above that and not dust up the lense.

Where winter is coming and going at my place - I needed something clean and handy to lay down.

Nigel

best bet, glue a cardboard one to the legs, and have a helipad were ever you land. :D:D:D

Reactions: Neon Euc
I made for my bird a soft helipad from banner vynil. There are holes in corner for hooks, if i want to fix it well to ground. I don't need flat surface to fly out, only protection from dust, grass and snow.
1607cqa.jpg

Seriously hand catching is so simple and possibly the safest for the drone
I don't care about landing. I fly early morning allot and the grass is covered in dew or frost and the ac tends to sink into the grass somewhat and collect dust on the camera lens. So I wanted a cool pad to take off from.

Thanks for the replies. Lots of great ideas. Love to see how far some us are willing to take the hobby.

I made for my bird a soft helipad from banner vynil. There are holes in corner for hooks, if i want to fix it well to ground. I don't need flat surface to fly out, only protection from dust, grass and snow.
1607cqa.jpg

That looks sweet, did you have it custom printed?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub