Helicopter flying low over AMA field

Reaction score
I was at a AMA flying today when I heard a helicopter coming but couldn't see where it was. I landed my AC quickly since I was over the airfield. Once it came into site just above the tree line (100 feet) The helicopter seemed to be less than 200 maybe 150 feet Above ground level hard to tell. My questions if we are supposed to stay away from heliports and airports why doesn't it go both ways? They should stay clear of AMA fields? I know it would be hard for them to see a P3s and if I was at 400' It would have been hard to get out of their way not being able to see them till the last second. That would have put me at fault in the public view even thought I was flying safe if a collision happened. I fly there knowing it is a safer place to go, I thought. Any rules for them to stay clear of AMA fields?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: pedwards
Unfortunately, manned aircraft don't same restrictions about fly over public events ad crowds as we do. And unless there was some NOTAM or other notification, he probably didn't even know what was going on.And yes, if he had hit one of the RC aircraft (all this doesn't just apply to 'drones'), the RC pilot would have been in the wrong!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj