Height Restriction of 500m

Reaction score
In countries where there are no laws about heights of flying drones is it possible to change the 500m restriction somehow?

- I dont live in the UK or the States (currently live in Dubai) and as the law stands I could fly the drone higher than 500m and not be breaking the law (if I was allowed to by DJI).

Is it impossible to do this?

In countries where there are no laws about heights of flying drones is it possible to change the 500m restriction somehow?

- I dont live in the UK or the States (currently live in Dubai) and as the law stands I could fly the drone higher than 500m and not be breaking the law (if I was allowed to by DJI).

Mate, Just because there is no law, doesn't make it okay. or sensible does it?
What if you do get in the way of an aircraft?

Mate, Just because there is no law, doesn't make it okay. or sensible does it?
What if you do get in the way of an aircraft?

I personally don't think there's anything stupid about going over 500m, as long as you are safe and do it in a safe environment... - I don't live near the airport or planes, and the 500m limit unfortunately means that I cannot go above some of the really cool buildings here in Dubai.

Nor can I go above 500m in the middle of nowhere (like the desert here for example) where there is literally nothing around and would get some great scenic footage - what's wrong with that?

I personally don't think there's anything stupid about going over 500m, as long as you are safe and do it in a safe environment... - I don't live near the airport or planes, and the 500m limit unfortunately means that I cannot go above some of the really cool buildings here in Dubai.

Nor can I go above 500m in the middle of nowhere (like the desert here for example) where there is literally nothing around and would get some great scenic footage - what's wrong with that?

<sigh>

It's a real shame :-(

It is the equivalent of having a Ferrari in my opinion - in the UK your Ferrari is restricted to 70mph (no problem, its the law), but on the Autobahn in Germany, in some areas there are no speed limits and you can drive your ferrari how you please.

For me in Dubai, there are no restrictions at the moment, yet I have to abide by the guidelines of other countries, seems strange to me why this can be manually changed, or, the software/firmware can't be country specific :-(

No mate, but wishing you many blue skies up there in Dubai.

Cool...

I guess in theory i could still fly it high by taking off from a high point. But thats a grey area for sure, and certainly in the desert thats hard as there aren't many rocks to climb... lets see!

Tie a bunch of balloons to the phantom, send it up, set new home point, release balloons. Wooooooohoooooo

How about some desert videos?

Cool...

I guess in theory i could still fly it high by taking off from a high point. But thats a grey area for sure, and certainly in the desert thats hard as there aren't many rocks to climb... lets see!
Yes, take off from the top of this
images

All of you altitude nazis are hilarious. If the height was a SERIOUS issue these would come from the factory with the 400ft restriction already and not allow it to hr changed AT ALL.

I've seen videos of guys getting busted for flying Phantoms up the height of that building and around Dubai so be careful.

All of you altitude nazis are hilarious. If the height was a SERIOUS issue these would come from the factory with the 400ft restriction already and not allow it to hr changed AT ALL.

The height restriction on the P3 isn't there for the 400' advisory, it's there to keep you out of Controlled Airspace in the US called Class Echo, that starts in some places at 700 agl, 1200 agl and 14500 agl..

There is a law in the FAR's that prohibits an aircraft, any aircraft from entering Controlled airspace without certain types of equipment, certs and operating criteria.. Just FYI BTW.

But personally you guys should just fly wherever you want...

:p

Reactions: Julius717
How can you SSH to the bird? By USB?
And can anyone confirm that this 'trick' actually works?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31