Height loss phantom 4

Reaction score
Is anyone having this problem? When I take off and fly up to about 8 meters all is OK. The PH 4 hovers well but when I start to fly forward I start losing height. After about 30 meters of forward flight I am almost at groun level. I have to continually keep adjusting the height upwards. The really strange thing is if I stop and hover just above the ground then fly backward I start to gain height at about the same rate. What is going on? After flying 30 or 40 meters the height loss problem seems to disappear. I only happens when I stop, hover then g forward again....
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Skippy

You're sure it's not an optical illusion and the field your on is not slanted?

Could it be your AC is not warmed up yet?

Could it be you need to check your IMU?

You're sure it's not an optical illusion and the field your on is not slanted?

Could it be your AC is not warmed up yet?

Could it be you need to check your IMU?
Thanks for those tips. I will check those out. It is a dead flat field. It happens no matter where I am flying. Very annoying .

The craft won't fly until the imu is warmed up, that's not The problem. The barometer controls elevation, but an imu calibration may help. The vps shouldn't let the craft get that close to ground unless you command it with the sticks. You may want to calibrate the sensors, using digital assistant. However the visual sensors you calibrate don't control elevation in vps, the sonar does, so that's unlikely the problem.

Have you recently added any accessories to the craft? Did this behavior start spontaneously, or has it been doing that from the beginning?

Last edited:
If nothing else works, try to calibrate sticks. If biases get changed, you will get this behavior, calibrate sticks to get it right.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The craft won't fly until the imu is warmed up, that's not The problem. The barometer controls elevation, but an imu calibration may help. The vps shouldn't let the craft get that close to ground unless you command it with the sticks. You may want to calibrate the sensors, using digital assistant. However the visual sensors you calibrate don't control elevation in vps, the sonar does, so that's unlikely the problem.

Have you recently added any accessories to the craft? Did this behavior start spontaneously, or has it been doing that from the beginning?
Thanks

If nothing else works, try to calibrate sticks. If biases get changed, you will get this behavior, calibrate sticks to get it right.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Sounds like that is the problem. It has been happening since new. Only has about 4 hits on it. I will try to calibrate the sticks and see what happens.

Mine is doing the same thing. Going lower as I go frontward and the recorded height is way off. I can be 15 ft high and it registers 70 or 80 feet. Any suggestions?
I've had this occur too. I'm puzzled why VPS doesn't correct that when it's under 25' AGL. What's important is watching for this anomaly when flying autonomous with Litchi. You can easily run into a cliff if you launch from a cliff. You should pad the elevation for these errors from the craft barometer.

Calibrating the bps was a pain using the assistant app, seemed like 3-4 voices overlapping at once, but even then after several tries I got my AC VPS done lol, I haven't had to calibrate the sticks but it would be nice to know how!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20