Heavy weight lifter, wow!!

Reaction score
I was a curious about the weight lifting capabilities of the P3. The weight was a sanding stone connected by a rope of 1m5 to the middle of the landing skids.

The result: 920grm's more or less easily. I lifted it 1m50 off the ground but then the load started swaying due to the wind gusts and the movements of the craft.
I decided to land the craft because of the very cramped space in which I did my experiment.
Landing took some flying skills because every movement made the swaying worse and the Phantom was very near to the bushes.

920 grams. Wow.
1000 grams must be possible. Who tries?! In a more open space please.

There is that video of the fireman that uses his P3 to carry a life vest out to a man trapped on a rock in a raging river. No idea on the weight of a life vest

There is that video of the fireman that uses his P3 to carry a life vest out to a man trapped on a rock in a raging river. No idea on the weight of a life vest
The Phantom carried a rope out to the guys and then they detached the rope from the Phantom and pulled the life jacket to them - big difference!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not me.

5lbs what?

Weight of a life vest?

It was tested in New Zealand. The payload is very slightly over 5lbs

It was tested in New Zealand. The payload is very slightly over 5lbs

You mean 'all up weight' not 5lbs added to a ready to fly Phantom???

Look again. Not so.

You're seeing them pull the string and vest from shore.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Guys.... 5lbs is the payload for a ready to fly P3. Meaning it can lift an additional 5 lb payload. It's been tested without issue.

5 lbs is approx 5 full soda cans. I'm not saying you can throw a chainsaw on a P3 and expect it to fly...

+1
Didn't feel like pursuing it further.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31