Heard about GPS glitches

Reaction score
Hey,

Just bought my P3 today, and the seller told me that when controlling the drone with GPS support, the GPS could eventually drive the drone crazy and maybe make it crash... Isn't it nonsense? Wow, not reassuring... Have you guys experienced that?

Thanks!

Sounds like nonsense
And sounds like he doesn't know a lot about Phantoms.
Because lots of people don't understand GPS it gets blamed for all kinds of things that it has no bearing on.

The GPS satellites don't control your P3...you do.

The GPS system simply allows the P3 to establish its home point and its relationship to that point in terms of distance, altitude, and speed.

Maybe the Russians have a plot to take control of the world's population of P3's through the GLONASS GPS satellites, but I doubt it ;)

Go fly.

:harry

Reactions: Wilson Turner
GPS tell you craft where it is in relation to the earth and the maps you are using. When you have GPS and home lock the craft knows where it took of from and how to return to that point. GPS is what Failsafe relies on.
The opposite is what the seller told you. Without GPS and home lock is is much easier to have a flyaway or loose your craft. If you are flying and go out a long distance and loose your craft in the sun or due to going out and not being able to see it in the sky you flip. To H/L push the reverse stick and bingo due to it knowing the GPS home lock position she returns home. Same with using Failsafe it uses GPS satellites to return home. Before you fly you want to be sure you have 6 or more satellites and get verification from the led's that you have home lock. Enjoy flying and relying on your GPS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31