HeadPlay with Phantom 3 HDMI Either/Or Display or Both?

Reaction score
Does anyone know the answer to this question?: when I plug in my new HeadPlay to the HDMI port on the remote, I gain the camera view inside the goggles, but, lose the display on the iPad. Is this normal? I was hoping to fly the drone from the iPad while my wife used the goggles. Can you get both displays to work together?

I believe I read somewhere about a setting to output to both concurrently. Don't recall where it is in the app though?

Does anyone know the answer to this question?: when I plug in my new HeadPlay to the HDMI port on the remote, I gain the camera view inside the goggles, but, lose the display on the iPad. Is this normal? I was hoping to fly the drone from the iPad while my wife used the goggles. Can you get both displays to work together?

Tap the icon on the display that shows the strength of the video signal. There should be a setting that says something like send output to app and HDMI, or something similar. Switch that on and you should have it on both. That's also where you can turn the telemetry off and on for your HDMI as well.

Last edited:
I'm interested in the answer... I have the headplays but don't have the hdmi upgrade in my p3p yet... Is that hard to install?

Here's the picture, I found it in a different thread:

b2575bcc0a56ad7071e5c7e9321b3d9e.jpg

The first toggle will set it to send to both. The second will will cause the HDMI to have a telemetry overlay. Third one will let the HDMI show metric no matter how the app is for normal display.

I'm interested in the answer... I have the headplays but don't have the hdmi upgrade in my p3p yet... Is that hard to install?

The HDMI upgrade is pretty easy to install. Took about 5 minutes, I was going easy and being careful with the ribbon cables.

To everyone....many thanks and gratitude. What a great community. We don't see this kind of helpfulness and generosity of time in the world too much these days.

Sometimes installation of HDMI module doesn't enable the feature and you need to reinstall DJI go app.

i have a set and see the display on both, my problem is the goggles seem blured i assume its my eyesight ill have to try swapping the lenses :)

Sometimes installation of HDMI module doesn't enable the feature and you need to reinstall DJI go app.

I forgot to mention, somewhat related to this...you will probably have to do a controller update through the go app. Once I had it installed and powered up, my RC firmware version showed 1.2.something instead of the 1.5.70 I was at and requested to do an update. I let the update run, and then everything was back at 1.5.70 and fully functional.

hello
is the quality is good in headplay
is the image is not too large?
is the lens fresnel is good quality?
there is a kit to change lens fresnel by real lens optic:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
thanks

Wow! Thanks for the answer to my question. My Son will be happy as I told him the new hdmi mod did not allow for 2 monitors at once,,,,but thanks to techies like You we are in business. Thank-You from NB Canada,Rudy.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic