Headplay question

Reaction score
How do Headplay users deal with controls which are on the tablet display, such as stop/start recording?

Solely by touch. Or, prop them up on your head for a few seconds (like sunglasses) so you can see the remote controller.

Ok, this may sound stupid, but could goggles be made with a flap or door in the bottom which could be opened for seeing the tablet? Might work better than lifting the goggles.

After wearing them myself, I think it would be easiest to just slide them up. The addition of such a door could potentially leak light into the goggles. I suppose it could be done with care though.

msinger: When ordering HP from Amzn. Does it include everything needed to use with P3A/P?

Reactions: sonof40
How do Headplay users deal with controls which are on the tablet display, such as stop/start recording?

I know there are times you may have to tilt the headplay up to look at the tab but for stop and start recording you can use the button located on the top left of the remote which doesn't require you to look....

I know there are times you may have to tilt the headplay up to look at the tab but for stop and start recording you can use the button located on the top left of the remote which doesn't require you to look....
yeah that's what i do. but i also set litchi to auto record since i've forgotten to hit the button before after take off and missed some good video.

Can you tell whether or not you're recording from the Headplay screen telemetry?

Yes, you can tell you are recording when a red dot appears on the top menu bar of the HDMI display within the Headplay goggles.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: sonof40
Yes, you can tell you are recording when a red dot appears on the top menu bar of the HDMI display within the Headplay goggles.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
That's good to know. Now I want them even more. **** money pit...

Ok, this may sound stupid, but could goggles be made with a flap or door in the bottom which could be opened for seeing the tablet? Might work better than lifting the goggles.
Take a look at the viewer I made. Search under my name. It is an awesome viewer made from a $20 VR viewer and some reading glasses from the dollar store.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using PhantomPilots mobile app

No, you do not lose the screen on you tablet with an HDMI cable plugged in as long as that option,
(via a selector switch in the GO app), is turned on…

To get to that selector switch:
Open the general settings window (three small bars in the extreme upper right corner of the app frame.)
Touch the HD icon.
Immediately below the channel spectrum you should see 3 touch switches for:
1. Simultaneous output to app and HDMI (switch this ON)
2. OSD display on/off (switch this ON)
3. Metric / imperial units on HDMI output (chose either one)

If you see the channel spectrum display but not the HDMI OSD switches then either the board is bad or the ribbon cables are not correctly seated.
The HDMI switches are located in the app and are activated by the presence of the HDMI board.

No, you do not lose the screen on you tablet with an HDMI cable plugged in as long as that option,
(via a selector switch in the GO app), is turned on…

To get to that selector switch:
Open the general settings window (three small bars in the extreme upper right corner of the app frame.)
Touch the HD icon.
Immediately below the channel spectrum you should see 3 touch switches for:
1. Simultaneous output to app and HDMI (switch this ON)
2. OSD display on/off (switch this ON)
3. Metric / imperial units on HDMI output (chose either one)

If you see the channel spectrum display but not the HDMI OSD switches then either the board is bad or the ribbon cables are not correctly seated.
The HDMI switches are located in the app and are activated by the presence of the HDMI board.
Great info, wasn't aware of the changes in the app. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers