Headplay FPV

Reaction score
After more reading and trolling through the net more than I care to admit, I'm about to order the Headplay unit. For the price (or even a bit more) it seems to be the best HD solution available. I already have the HDMI installation on my controller. Apart from a cable, is there anything else I should order with the unit - or something else I should look at or wait for that I might have missed that will give me HD (720p) FPV for the P3P? I have to admit, the size and portability concerns me. And - best place to buy?

Reactions: Darmie
Don't pay for the fast ship from an in stock ripoff artist and a $200 premium tacked on. That said, it does seem like the best FPV set there is available. You will look like a complete tool though ( but a tool with a kickass view!). I may go with the fatsharks because of the form factor and portability issue. I haven't yet decided. Write a review when you get them.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

After more reading and trolling through the net more than I care to admit, I'm about to order the Headplay unit. For the price (or even a bit more) it seems to be the best HD solution available. I already have the HDMI installation on my controller. Apart from a cable, is there anything else I should order with the unit - or something else I should look at or wait for that I might have missed that will give me HD (720p) FPV for the P3P? I have to admit, the size and portability concerns me. And - best place to buy?
I want to pick up one of those modules myself. What place did you happen to go with on purchasing yours?

I am also looking to get a set... I picked up my HDMI Controller card from Amazon... DJI takes a week and a day just to process orders and puts it on the slowest Fed Ex truck in the Country...My card came in 2 days, and free shipping and 2 day delivery... I am also looking to get a pair of the Headplay FPV's but I am waiting for them to catch up on production and be in stock on Amazon or hobby stores.. I will not pay 100.00 over cost and 100 for shipping from the price gougers online...And yes,,, they make you look like a cyborg!!!! These are the best FPV goggles out there and the price is nice too... Looks like you are watching a wide screen TV instead of a couple small postage stamps like all the others...

I have the Headplay and it is a really cool set for FPV. I use it with my sport cub s plane and with a mini drone to fly around the house. I haven't try to use it with my P3P yet because I don't have the hdmi port on my controller and honestly I fear you'll be at risk of crashing if flying near building or trees... Once at high altitude I will definitely feel more comfortable using the headplays...

I have the Headplay and love them. They are lite, comfortable, you can wear your glasses and the view is amazing. A 72 inch field of vision. Your World...from Above

I purchased a min HDMI male to HDMI Female adaptor. The cable is about 6 inches long. I leave it plugged into the goggles. I bought a 9 foot HDMI male to HDMI mini ( plugs into Tx) spend a little extra and get a good quality cable. The view is worth it. The battery lasts about 50-60 minutes. I unplug the battery between flights.

That's the only extra item I purchased. I use the installed lense but it comes with a second for a smaller view.
I ordered direct fro China. But the free shipping takes a month. That was brutal. Everything else was perfect.

Cheers
Dave

I haven't flown with them yet but the screen is huge

Attachments

• 1452658715180.jpg
    1452658715180.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 426

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads