Headplay FPV goggles are in :) unboxing and initial impressions

Reaction score
Good evening gents... Today I received my most anticipated item (except the solo). I also own a P3P, so I will be trying them with the Shield tablet, if the 2 ever launches, and i still own my p3p.

My headplay FPV goggles.
Here is an unboxing video I just uploaded, with some initial impressions.

What didnt make the video (since it was just unboxing) is that I tested it with my go pro, and my windows tablet. Both worked flawlessly and the screen is SUPER freaking huge and bright, and detailed.
I watched the first 10 minutes of american sniper and 100% truth, felt like i was in imax.

They are super comfortable, ridiculous looking, but light as heck.

I gotta get up in the air with these things tomorrow.

Here is the video... its just uploaded, so not in 1080p for a bit yet while it processes.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Martin78
Thanks for a well thought out and thorough video! I have been trying to avoid temptation after putting so much money into the P3P but you might have pushed me over the edge lol. I look forward to seeing what else you have coming.

Well, i started looking at FPV because even with a sun shade i couldnt see my freakin tablet... So for 299, not only do i not need to buy a tablet (i sent the shield back) but i can just use my phone for the app pieces, and this for FPV.

for $299 i think these things are a steal, and i havent even been up in the air yet, just watching a movie :)

Reactions: SitkaGrover
Did you order them directly from the RangeVideo website? (sorry if I'm not allowed to post site names here) Seems like they are either in pre-order or back-order, can't really tell and I can't seem to find them anywhere else for sell.

Well, i started looking at FPV because even with a sun shade i couldnt see my freakin tablet... So for 299, not only do i not need to buy a tablet (i sent the shield back) but i can just use my phone for the app pieces, and this for FPV.

for $299 i think these things are a steal, and i havent even been up in the air yet, just watching a movie :)

They are $249. My set should be here sometime in July.

I'm going to try and use Apple's combo HDMI/Lightening adapter to go USB from the controller into the adapter (lightening) then adapter (lightening) into my iPad Air 2 and HDMI from the adapter to the HeadPlay.

If this works it will mirror the iPad screen to my HeadPlay display so I'll see the full Pilot App. DJi's HDMI board that is coming out for the P3 controller only has a very minimal OSD output not the full Pilot App.

Did you order them directly from the RangeVideo website? (sorry if I'm not allowed to post site names here) Seems like they are either in pre-order or back-order, can't really tell and I can't seem to find them anywhere else for sell.
Yes directly from the site. I pre ordered and I believe there are many more orders to fill behind me.
They are moving pretty quickly though so it may not be that long.
Worth the wait. I'll tell u for sure after I use them in flight.

They are $249. My set should be here sometime in July.

I'm going to try and use Apple's combo HDMI/Lightening adapter to go USB from the controller into the adapter (lightening) then adapter (lightening) into my iPad Air 2 and HDMI from the adapter to the HeadPlay.

If this works it will mirror the iPad screen to my HeadPlay display so I'll see the full Pilot App. DJi's HDMI board that is coming out for the P3 controller only has a very minimal OSD output not the full Pilot App.
My understanding is that unfortunately that doesn't work as the lightning port only provides power but no data...

I'm high with anticipation about these Headplay goggles too. I just bought an Inspire controller (found a good buy on eBay) with HDMI out connector to control my upcoming p3p that I plan to purchase this month. I'm told the inspire controller is compatible with P3 craft. Has anyone tried that yet?

I'm high with anticipation about these Headplay goggles too. I just bought an Inspire controller (found a good buy on eBay) with HDMI out connector to control my upcoming p3p that I plan to purchase this month. I'm told the inspire controller is compatible with P3 craft. Has anyone tried that yet?
dji say it is.

i dont know how you pair it, but its the same controller essentially, without hdmi. but of course soon you can replace the back panel and have HDMI out from the controller.
so perhaps that would have been a cheaper route? not sure what you paid for that guy

Just press the pair button on the drone (its hidden in a grill) and turn on controller.

I have a Headplay HD on order. What does the 5.8GHz receiver do on it? Is that usable with the P3 5.8Ghz Lightbridge transmitter? Can you pair them directly? Or are one or both proprietary protocols?

im not sure Michael. Im only going to be using the HDMI input on them, so i doubt ill ever use the antenna porting.

2015-07-02 09.00.39.jpg
2015-07-02 09.01.26.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.