Heading to Ontario, what do I need to know?

Reaction score
I'm heading up to Ontario next month for my annual fishing trip. It's a pretty remote area (by my standards anyway) but we do typically see one or two float planes flying overhead each day. I'd really like to take my P4 and record some pics and video while I'm up there. Obviously I'll be very careful about flying with the float planes around but I also don't want to violate any rules or run in to issues with Customs at the border.

Anyone taken their drone to Canada? Any issues bringing them across the border? Any rules I need to be aware of before going, assuming I can take it with me at all.

I'm heading up to Ontario next month for my annual fishing trip. It's a pretty remote area (by my standards anyway) but we do typically see one or two float planes flying overhead each day. I'd really like to take my P4 and record some pics and video while I'm up there. Obviously I'll be very careful about flying with the float planes around but I also don't want to violate any rules or run in to issues with Customs at the border.

Anyone taken their drone to Canada? Any issues bringing them across the border? Any rules I need to be aware of before going, assuming I can take it with me at all.

I live in Canada and the regulations and exemptions I fly under clearly spell out that they are for residents. This would kind of imply to me that there are different rules for visitors to the country - but I've never come across any of them. I'll ask around and if I find anything out, I'll come back and post it.

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to bring it into the country without any problem - but I'd recommend you bring the receipt with you in case there's any question about when/where you purchased it when you re-enter the US. If worse comes to worst and you're not allowed to fly it in Canada as a visitor - make friends with a local and put the remote in his hands as you instruct him exactly what to do and get the pictures/video you want!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl