He

Reaction score
Hello fellow travelled drone flyers. I bought a phantom 3 advanced a number of years ago go I flew it a couple of times and then noticed the camera wasn't working I haven't flown it since and have recently tried to update it. When trying to update the latest firmware the drone won't go through the updating process. Does anyone have any suggestions how to update. I am considering it taking it to one of these repair shops to see if they can do any thing with it. I never crashed the drone and it is undamaged but it just won't update if anyone has any suggestions I'll be very grateful thank you.

Don't do any updates till you work out your other problems. It only complicates things. If you choose to update, then do so, but you don't need to if everything is working ok. Many people prefer not to update. Check the archive on this forum on P3 camera not working, maybe that can help you or YouTube?
Is your data being transmitted? If not , it could be the antenna? Is the gimbal working ? If not, it could be the power cable?

Reactions: gppms and dronesky
Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my question. The problems started a number of years ago so I may be incorrect in that detail.when I turn the drone on, the drone makes the noise and the gimbal does it's moving about but when I went onto the DJI app on my tablet I wasn't able to see the image of the camera henceforth I presumed the camera perhaps wasn't working. I haven't crashed the drone or damaged it in anyway but all this happened about 2 to 3 years ago. So during this lockdown I thought I would give it a go and see if I can get the the drone up and working again. My controller is is up to date-in the firmware but the app says I need to update the firmware of the drone and when I try to do that the firmware can't upload onto the drone itself. I tried to do that from the SD card and straight from the computer but when starting the drone to update the firmware, none of the four beeps could be heard so I presume it is not updating the firmware. I don't know if this is of any help to you but I certainly do appreciate you taking the time to offer your assistance. Many many thanks

The no image transmission is a common problem with the P3’s, either after attempting a firmware update without using a fan to keep the gimbal cool. Or after long periods of time without powering up the aircraft. Updating the firmware is optional, and I don’t believe it is tied to the image transmission problem. You may need to replace the gimbal top board.

If you feel the need to do the firmware update, I would suggest follow the instructions in the attachment provided.

Attachments

• Safari - May 19, 2020 at 12:17 PM.pdf
    353.8 KB · Views: 149
Well thank you very much for that suggestion of gimbal board replacement. One thing I am staggered about is the huge number of issues relating to these drones. I am surprised anyone buys these contraptions, and they are so expensive. There comes a point when it seems like throwing good money after bad, and one has to cut ones losses. I shall still percevere though so thank you for kind efforts to help. All you people trying to help others will not go unrewarded in the great scheme of life. God bless

The no image transmission is a common problem with the P3’s, either after attempting a firmware update without using a fan to keep the gimbal cool. Or after long periods of time without powering up the aircraft. Updating the firmware is optional, and I don’t believe it is tied to the image transmission problem. You may need to replace the gimbal top board.
Thank you for your time in trying to help. I shall try and do some further investigating. As I said in other replies, so many people have so many problems with these drones that I struggle to understand why anyone buys them. Cheers for your efforts

They’re not as bad as it may sound. Take the process one step at a time. I recall the camera sometimes will work after an app reboot. Don’t give up and do a little investigating.

Thank you for your time in trying to help. I shall try and do some further investigating. As I said in other replies, so many people have so many problems with these drones that I struggle to understand why anyone buys them. Cheers for your efforts
Because they are a blast, and figuring out how they work and to keep them flying is stimulating to our brain cells ???

They’re not as bad as it may sound. Take the process one step at a time. I recall the camera sometimes will work after an app reboot. Don’t give up and do a little investigating.
Thanks for those thoughts and I will keep up with the investigations. I was thinking though this morning that as I'm sure you're aware DJI has been fighting a battle a lawsuit with another company over copyrights infringement,, wouldn't it be nice if instead of spending hundreds of millions of Dollars on the fighting litigation why don't they help the poor people who have spent hundreds and hundreds of pounds on their products to produce a product that doesn't just constantly does keeps going wrong. I mean I have to say that I am staggered by the amount of people that you have problems with his drones and people keep buying them. I mean I am loved to spend any more money on this drone because I know in 6-months time there's gonna be more problems more update issues and personally I think it's just spending more money after more money knee. I mean I love the idea of driving flying is a wonderful thing but there comes a point when you just have to wonder how they keep getting away with producing products that keep going wrong. I will keep persevering and battery on and thank you for your help.
Because they are a blast, and figuring out how they work and to keep them flying is stimulating to our brain cells ???
I would rather just be able to get out there and fly them than spend months head aching over why they go wrong. I mean I bought the thing I literally had about 3 flights out of it and I the **** went wrong.

Was the drone flyable at the time you last tried it?
If yes then maybe nothing wrong with the drone, maybe just your mobile device wasn't capable to deal with the video signal.
I believe you have different mobile now. Does the problem persist? Then the first thing is to upgrade the FW and install the latest version of DJI GO (not DJI GO4).

And yes, there are many things that can go wrong with this flying devices as they are very complex piece of technology but most of issues are pilot generated. And you can read only the problem and issue cases. All those thousands or even millions owners whose drones are working fine will not complain on forums.

Andy9 is correct. Read the problems people are having with other items such as cars. You are focusing on the negative. Your problem with the drone could be very simple.
You haven’t flown you drone because worry too much. It would be better that you sell it and count your losses as you stated. Be done with it. There are many hobbies that are less risky and quite enjoyable. Use the money from the sell of the drone and invest in something more enjoyable for you. Many hobbies can make you money as that seems to be your bottom line. Enjoy life and best wishes.?

Was the drone flyable at the time you last tried it?
If yes then maybe nothing wrong with the drone, maybe just your mobile device wasn't capable to deal with the video signal.
I believe you have different mobile now. Does the problem persist? Then the first thing is to upgrade the FW and install the latest version of DJI GO (not DJI GO4).

And yes, there are many things that can go wrong with this flying devices as they are very complex piece of technology but most of issues are pilot generated. And you can read only the problem and issue cases. All those thousands or even millions owners whose drones are working fine will not complain on forums.
[/QUOTE

Thank you for taking time out of your day to assist me. during lockdown I have had more time to devote to trying to sort this problem out but when I tried to to upgrade the firmware are there was no beeping sound after I put the SD card in despite leaving it's on for about half an hour. I tried to do this a number of times without success. I tried to start the drone by pulling both joysticks down and towards each other but the drone didn't start. In answer to your question when I tried a number of years ago go to to start the drone the propellers actually started to rotate it was just that the camera wasn't working but now as I have mentioned I can't even get to to start the drone's propellers. The drone controller appears to be up to date but when I bye my opened the DJI go app it said that my drone needed a firmware update. As I said I tried to update the firmware are many times without success as there was never any beep beep beep beep noise henceforth the updates were unsuccessful. I do appreciate the fact that many drone flyers I'm very happy with the product but scouring the internet I seem to just come up against disgruntled owners with numerous issues. I appreciate the time you are spending in helping people with their problems, it's a hobby as many people have said and probably an addictive one at that. Take care and hopefully speak soon. Many thanks

Andy9 is correct. Read the problems people are having with other items such as cars. You are focusing on the negative. Your problem with the drone could be very simple.
You haven’t flown you drone because worry too much. It would be better that you sell it and count your losses as you stated. Be done with it. There are many hobbies that are less risky and quite enjoyable. Use the money from the sell of the drone and invest in something more enjoyable for you. Many hobbies can make you money as that seems to be your bottom line. Enjoy life and best wishes.?
Thanks for your reply why although I'm not sure of that there are many people who would buy a drone that doesn't work. I suppose I can sell off the batteries for which I have two and have hardly had any use and possibly the controller seems to work but I'm going to keep persevering I won't give up just yet as as the joy I would get if it works may be worth all the hassle but thank you for for your post

I do believe that the whole problem is with the gimbal board. No image,,,no b-b-b-b,,, bad gimbal board! It’s not good to let it sit in the closet for a year or more without powering it up. Also not doing the update properly will have an adverse effect on the gimbal board.

According to all that have been said the best you can do go to someone who is capable to fix your drone. I'm sure that this can be done.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1