HDR: Taking Photos With Different Exposures Is Annoying

Reaction score
It's pretty annoying to change exposure using the wheel and then making a photo every time, especially because the wheel is quite unresponsive sometimes. Shouldn't it be super easy for DJI to add a feature that takes like 6 images at once at different exposure levels?

With the camera in snapshot mode, hold the shutter button down for a second and select AEB 3 or 5 shot.

I tried AEB 3 shot yesterday with my P3A and I only see a single jpg file for each shot (despite hearing a triple shutter sound on each click). Is there some trick to get this to work or does it only work on the Professional or not on android or something?

I tried AEB 3 shot yesterday with my P3A and I only see a single jpg file for each shot (despite hearing a triple shutter sound on each click). Is there some trick to get this to work or does it only work on the Professional or not on android or something?

You have to use the shutter in the app and not on the controller for AEB to work.

You have to use the shutter in the app and not on the controller for AEB to work.

Thank you! All these special tricks and gotchas... Different subject but I was decending my p3 rapidly in a corkscrew (to avoid VRS like I do with my little drone) and realized I was nearly doing the CSC shutdown command which from the threads here I understand would've crashed it. Too many things to have to remember. It stresses me out.

Really? That's poorly designed. Can you submit that as a bug for us, or enhancement request?

There's one good reason to not bother getting goggles.

Really? That's poorly designed. Can you submit that as a bug for us, or enhancement request?

There's one good reason to not bother getting goggles.

It's been like this on the inspire since day one. It was requested but I guess that app handles the different exposure settings. I use glasses with my p3 and a tablet at the same time.

Hidden on page 36 of the manual. ;)

The manual isn't clear the controller shutter button will do photos and photo bursts but won't activate AEB photo bursts. In fact the manual doesn't mention how to setup AEB at all that I can see--page 36 only mentions single shot, multi-shot, and time lapse. This is certainly a hidden feature.

The manual isn't clear the controller shutter button will do photos and photo bursts but won't activate AEB photo bursts. In fact the manual doesn't mention how to setup AEB at all that I can see--page 36 only mentions single shot, multi-shot, and time lapse. This is certainly a hidden feature.

I respectfully disagree. I suppose I read and understand things differently. AEB is a "multi-shot" mode. None-the-less, op got some needed info which is always a good thing. :)

I respectfully disagree. I suppose I read and understand things differently. AEB is a "multi-shot" mode. None-the-less, op got some needed info which is always a good thing. :)

If AEB is a multi-shot mode then it would work with the controller shutter button as the manual says, but it doesn't. AEB only works with the app and that is not stated in the manual. Also the manual doesn't say how to setup or use AEB at all, period. Maybe you can read things that aren't there, but I can't.

Reactions: sergekouper
Ok so I just tried the HDR photo mode, but it creates just a single image on my memory card. Shouldn't it create multiple images with different exposure settings? Or does it do this, but does it then also process those images to create one HDR image? If the latter, I'd rather have it create multiple images for me (and leave out the merging step) so I can create the HDR image myself with professional tools.

Anyone knows how the HDR mode works (manual does not speak about this)?

Ok so I just tried the HDR photo mode, but it creates just a single image on my memory card. ...

I asked the same thing above and the reply was apparently it only works if you use the shutter button on the app. I haven't tried it yet but I was using the controller shutter button so no surprise it didn't work.

Ok

There's two HDR modes technically.. HDR mode only creates one file, this is all done in the camera.

AEB mode is true bracketed mode. Nothing to change except for either 3 or 5 shot.

There is a multishoot mode that just takes a Burt of photos, but all have the same exposure.

So there isn't Much to set an AEB mode

Example of a 5 shot AEB bracketed
DJI_0017_8_9_tonemapped.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers