HDR Photos

Reaction score
For the serious photographers here. Just wanted to remind folks that the P4P with manual exposure control makes for perfect HD photos. I have been doing this for a while as some others here have. One under exposed shot and one over exposed shot developed in Adobe Lightroom. You could add additional exposures but I find that two is fine for me. Works very well in snow and water, or into those sunrise- sunsets. Just remember to not touch the sticks between exposure changes. Plenty stable. (You will want a few ND filters a well.)

The Phantom has a built in feature called AEB. It automatically take 3 or 5 bracketed photos with one quick press of the shutter. I always shoot 5 in RAW for hdr.

Reactions: desert phantom
One complaint I've heard about AEB was that the F-stops weren't far enough apart.

For the serious photographers here. Just wanted to remind folks that the P4P with manual exposure control makes for perfect HD photos. I have been doing this for a while as some others here have. One under exposed shot and one over exposed shot developed in Adobe Lightroom. You could add additional exposures but I find that two is fine for me. Works very well in snow and water, or into those sunrise- sunsets. Just remember to not touch the sticks between exposure changes. Plenty stable. (You will want a few ND filters a well.)
I'm curious how the ND's may be of benefit in this workflow? If your only shooting two frames you may find shooting the bright frame to the right of the histogram and the dark to left will give the most pleasing result (manual blending rather than the HDR tool).

Reactions: R30Rush
Agree -- the programmed AEB intervals on camera settings seem to be about 0.7 EV and that is not enough for effective HDR, even at the 5-frame version. The solution as noted above is to do manual exposure intervals. This takes me somewhere between 5 and 10 seconds to do -2 > 0 > +2, and the P4P has always been stable enough, even in a breeze, that Photomatix Pro can handle alignment if you set it on handheld mode.

Posted my P4P HDR workflow here and HDR album here if anyone is interested.

Reactions: desert phantom

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31