HDR and AEB settings dont seem to work right

Reaction score
Is any one else having any problems with the AEB settings for 5 shots only taking 3 shots just the same as if its set to AEB-3 on the p3pro ????

also any tips for using the HDR setting to take HDR photos?? When I have The camera set to take an HDR pic it dont seem to much different then if just a regular pic and also it seems to only take one single shot. I also seem to get better results from just taking a regular pic then running it threw the very crude HDR feature on my tablets photo editing app. Which dont seem right that I can get a better HDR pic from my tablet then the p3s software.

I can't comment on your first point, however I have found that HDR mode does very little. See the two images below which were shot using a Phantom 3 in single shot and HDR mode. I SEE NO DIFFERENCE! Do DJI have any comment on this?

P3 HDR comp.png

Also, I took the liberty of manually shooting three exposures of the above scene with the P3P camera and the result that I merged to HDR in Photoshop is much more pleasing.

If the phantom can't do HDR, then it should at least save the bracketed shots for post processing.

HDR sample.jpg

Best wishes

Nick

I have not tried the HDR function yet. When I first set it for 5 AEB, I had the same issue. Maybe my first 2 flights. Since, I have not had a problem with getting 5 to work. I think it has something to do with how you close out of that control. I'm not positive about this, but I think you have to tap where the shutter button is normally located in order to save the change. Another issue I noticed is that when you are shooting a five shot bracketed exposure, it takes the camera of varying amount of time in order to buffer and save all five shots pay close attention to the blue circle that's whirling around the shutter button after you pressed it. Until that blue circle is done swirling, the pictures are not saved. If you press the shutter again, or change to video, before it is finished, you lose those pics.

Nick Thats pretty much what I'm getting like in your 2 top photos were its hardly noticeable at all. Tho It would be nice if it was making them come out like the one you ran threw Photoshop. Which is pretty much much almost as much of a difference in how even the built in part of my tablets photo editing app HDR filter comes out compared to what ever pic you start out with. Oh well I guess I will just have to use bracketed pics and run them threw post processing if I want decent HDR photos. Hopefully that might be some thing dji can change in an app update or firmware.

ghinson I was also thinking that the 5 shot setting just was not saving right but even when I would closes out that semi circle with the different choices and go back to the on screen shutter button it would say the right setting up along the top bar with all the camera settings. Even when I closed the app and reopened it would be at what ever setting I left it at. And also would charge to all the other ones right every time. except for the 5 shot bracket thing. Tho I hear it do 5 fast shutter sounds and it takes longer to process when its set for 5 bracketed shots then it does for 3. Yet it only puts 3 shots on the sd card and only tics off 3 shots on the number showing how much remaining room there is for pic on the card.

Tho I will try again and pay attention to if I may be double tapping the shutter button and causing it to drop the two missing pics of a 5 shot. It does seem to do a regular 5 shot non bracketed group fine.

But if you got yours to work after the 2nd flight then I'm sure what ever it is can be fixed and I might be doing some thing wrong or maybe even. I just need to try and shut every thing off and try turning it back on.

woot hoo i finely got the 5 shot AEB to work last night. after trying to power the phantom off and back on as well as the controller and also stopping the app and reopening it did not seem to help I decided to just shut down my tablet and restart it. and DING THAT WAS THE TICKET.

That 30 second delay while it writes 5 AEB J+R is really painful. I'm going to try some 3AEB and see if that's enough. Be much better if they could let us choose the amount of bracketing. so we could do a wider spread 3AEB.

Will be interested to see if this is fixed in today's app version release.

What steps are you guys talking to enable bracketing...I can't get it to work at all. Also, my gimbal roll axis is way out of whack despite calibration, manual adjustment, and initialization on a level surface.

Reactions: iahphantom
I reinstalled the Pilot App on my tablet and now bracketing is working. Also did an advanced IMU calibration and my gimbal angle roll is looking much better now.

Where are you guys enabling bracketing ? I can't find this is the manual

I'll add links at the beginning for the different sections when I get home in the morning but this is a complete overview of the Pilot App... Covering things such as AEB (auto exposure bracketing), correcting gimbal problems, and more.

To get bracketing to work right turns out I just needed to fully shut off my tablet and then back on again and it worked right.

But to get to the settings for the bracketing and other things such as HDR and also multi shot regular pics as well as time lapse. Just hold your finger on the red dot on the right side of the screen that is the shutter button in the app and you should get the semi circle like in the post above. I didnt watch the video yet but thats probably a good place to start for figuring out all that stuff.

I have not tried the HDR function yet. When I first set it for 5 AEB, I had the same issue. Maybe my first 2 flights. Since, I have not had a problem with getting 5 to work. I think it has something to do with how you close out of that control. I'm not positive about this, but I think you have to tap where the shutter button is normally located in order to save the change. Another issue I noticed is that when you are shooting a five shot bracketed exposure, it takes the camera of varying amount of time in order to buffer and save all five shots pay close attention to the blue circle that's whirling around the shutter button after you pressed it. Until that blue circle is done swirling, the pictures are not saved. If you press the shutter again, or change to video, before it is finished, you lose those pics.

I was experimenting with mine yesterday. Regardless of whether I was selecting 5 or 7 or bracketing, etc., when I pressed the shutter button, it just clicked away like a bandit - just like my DSLR does. I didn't experience any of what I've been reading about here. Using an Android device.

ALERT: Once you've chosen one of the OTHER modes, it stays in that mode when you close that semi-circle of options. Typically, you need to go back to that option (hold down the shutter button while in photo mode) and select the "single shot" option.

Personally, just my opinion, the Pilot app is not consistent with camera settings. If you open the manual window for the camera options, you need to "swipe" the window closed. Otherwise, it defaults back to automatic mode. However, on that photo option screen, closing the window normally does not reset it to single shot, auto, whatever. You have to actually turn off whatever option you had selected. Just a small quirk, in my opinion.

Way too many and too varying menus for camera settings. Everything in the Camera Settings, under the hidden Shutter-hold menu, and in the Exposure menu should be in the same, shared place, with a consistent UI.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20