HDMI Output module - map view?

Reaction score
Hi all!

I've just added my newly-arrived HDMI output module to the Phantom 3 Pro Remote Controller, and it's working well with my newly-arrived Headplay unit (though I need to find a lighter HDMI cable).

However, the mini-map doesn't appear in the corner, and I find that a very helpful reference, especially when 'immersed' in the headset.

I've checked the display controls, and it doesn't appear there's a way to get it displayed in the HDMI output, or if there is, I can't find it.

Anyone else have/solved this problem?

the mini map is not available via the HDMI out board.

Ok, thanks - good to know it's just flat not available, that's quite helpful (if not the answer I was hoping for!)

It is not possible to put the map on the HDMI out as it is not connected to the iPad (or other tablet/phone) it is simply the video feed from the remote with added optional telemetry from the remote, just like what DJI has had in all their OSD units for years.

You need a computer with cached maps to superimpose the telemetry results on. This takes a lot of GPU and CPU power, not in the remote.

There are solutions (WiFi) to send video out of an iPod but I am not sure how well that would work. And it would probably lag.

Hi all!

I've just added my newly-arrived HDMI output module to the Phantom 3 Pro Remote Controller, and it's working well with my newly-arrived Headplay unit (though I need to find a lighter HDMI cable).

However, the mini-map doesn't appear in the corner, and I find that a very helpful reference, especially when 'immersed' in the headset.

I've checked the display controls, and it doesn't appear there's a way to get it displayed in the HDMI output, or if there is, I can't find it.

Anyone else have/solved this problem?

How's that Headplay unit working out for you? Is it life changing? lol Would you recommend it? I'm still on the fence about purchasing the HDMI output module.

I have hdmi module but not finding a good goggle to support full HD. I hate head play unit as it looks too big on head. Other units offer only ~800x 400 resolutions. I'm experimenting if I can connect hdmi output through a cable to my iPhone and display it. Not yet successful.

Reactions: Mario_SB
I have hdmi module but not finding a good goggle to support full HD. I hate head play unit as it looks too big on head. Other units offer only ~800x 400 resolutions. I'm experimenting if I can connect hdmi output through a cable to my iPhone and display it. Not yet successful.

Thank you. This is why I am still on the fence about it. I'm thinking that it will probably be worth the investment at a later time. :/

Ikan is not the very best in pro field monitors but they are quite good and have big selection starting at $275.00.

Check that the monitor accepts 1280x720 and that is does under scan or you will loose some of the info.

I have couple Ikans and I use my 9" as a field monitor from the DJI HDMI out.

Here is a link to their monitors, you can also buy these at B&H.

Monitors: On-Camera Field Monitors | ikan

the mini map is not available via the HDMI out board.

My Samsung Galaxy has HDMI output via mhl - works well with the Headplay. But as it uses the Micro USB port I was wondering whether its possible to use a micro USB adapter/splitter to connect the remote controls USB cable to the Galaxy and have the mhl cable send the output to the Headplay?

Ikan is not the very best in pro field monitors but they are quite good and have big selection starting at $275.00.

Check that the monitor accepts 1280x720 and that is does under scan or you will loose some of the info.

I have couple Ikans and I use my 9" as a field monitor from the DJI HDMI out.

Here is a link to their monitors, you can also buy these at B&H.

Monitors: On-Camera Field Monitors | ikan
At $275 it doesn't offer HD resolution. Sizes are big too, I m looking for a product that can easily slide into a goggle.

How about the Lilliput 668GL?

I have one on order and should be here next week, my HDMI module will be here tomorrow morning and wil install it once I'm back from work in the evening.

How about the Lilliput 668GL?

I have one on order and should be here next week, my HDMI module will be here tomorrow morning and wil install it once I'm back from work in the evening.
Its native resolution seems to be 800 x 400 only. Price is good.

My Hudl2 has a mini hdmi output and I'm hoping I can use it with a set of Headplay goggles. Has anyone managed to do this?
I hoping to save myself some cash by using the tablet output rather than buying the Dji upgrade and this would also have the advantage of displaying the map too.
Is this correct? Or have I misunderstood how it all works.
I haven't tried Headplay yet as they always seem to be out of stock

Just checked and it states native 800x480 and maximum 1920x1080

It should work fine should it not?
I do not understand what's maximum resolution? Some one should try it and figure it out or ask the manufacturer.

Once you get a monitor with good resolution, what would be the next step? How are you going to build the goggle? One way is to buy Quanum Kit and replace this monitor. It won't cost much.
Quanum video visor from HobbyKing

I do not understand what's maximum resolution? Some one should try it and figure it out or ask the manufacturer.
I think it refers to input signal max 1920x1080, in other words it will not display UHD, but check that it also displays 1280x720.

Native means the screen has this many pixels, so it is just a bit better than SD, not really HD.

I think it refers to input signal max 1920x1080, in other words it will not display UHD, but check that it also displays 1280x720.

Native means the screen has this many pixels, so it is just a bit better than SD, not really HD.

As long as it works and displays properly, I'm happy lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.