HDMI Out - Tablet or HDMI adaptor from DJI?

Reaction score
Is there any difference, good or bad, about using something like an Nvidia Shield tablet's for HDMI out to Headplay goggles vs using the $100 DJI adapter that connects to the transmitter/controller? Thanks.

Is there any difference, good or bad, about using something like an Nvidia Shield tablet's for HDMI out to Headplay goggles vs using the $100 DJI adapter that connects to the transmitter/controller? Thanks.
If you want good video out, I would suggest the DJI modification-- I have not had any experience with the Shield's HDMI, but there were a lot of folks on this forum waiting for DJI to come out with this mod and I don't remember hearing any negative comments from those who installed it.

Depends on what you want to see on the screen. The nvidia HDMI out is a mirror of what the tablet is showing. The HDMI board is straight from the bird, so no map, but there is still telemetry similar to what you'd get w/ an iOSD installed.

I use HDMI module and a goggle to get additional view during flights. It's near output but I miss radar so get disoriented sometimes and immediately take it off and look at the iPad mini. There are position indicators on the screen that you don't see on iPad but I still miss radar through HDMI board.

I didn't go through nvidia solution as that needed me to buy another tablet. I feel nvidia output to goggles will be better for me as it will show radar but then if nvidia goes down, I will lose views on goggle too.

Looking at the pros and cons, in today's context, if I have a choice, I will go nvidia way.

If you want good video out, I would suggest the DJI modification-- I have not had any experience with the Shield's HDMI, but there were a lot of folks on this forum waiting for DJI to come out with this mod and I don't remember hearing any negative comments from those who installed it.
Can I ask which DJI MODIFICATION YOUR TALKING ABOUT??? I need that myself!

I use adapter for 100 bucks. I fly in goggles most of the time. I am glad that I can switch off video on my ipad and use goggles. Why? Because It is impossible to deal with all that freaking people and kids asking the same f. questions all the time "How far? How much? How heavy? Can you drop this bag in the jail.." Take adapter, at least you can sell "Live view from the sky" and your flying time (connect hdmi cable from RC to video switcher is only ..... right )) it is 100 bucks according to my price list)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj