Hdmi out. HDMI to SDI converter?

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to broadcast live from the P3p through an HDMI-SDI converter? Any success? (The converter I have is the AJA HA5, with no success, although the signal looks perfectly fine when hooked up directly to TV)

This is with the HDMI upgrade board installed, of course.

I would imagine it would work. Just keep in mind, you will need 2 converters that serve different purposes. 1 for HDMI-SDI and one for SDI-HDMI. I have used the blackmagic ones on separate occasions with no issues. Just remember that the converters both have to be powered, so if no power source is available, that could be an issue. Would need a generator.

Thanks for your quick reply guys.
Jacob; why would I need the second converter? (SDI-HDMI)
The transmitting unit (LiveU backpack) only accepts SDI input apparently. The converter is powered btw.

Oh okay I thought you meant to transmit the HDMI signal over longer distance.

Ah. I see. Might have to dig up the blackmagic converter after all then. But I still find it strange that it won't work with the AJA. Which is supposed to be superior to the BM one.. :/

Has anyone tried to broadcast live from the P3p through an HDMI-SDI converter? Any success? (The converter I have is the AJA HA5, with no success, although the signal looks perfectly fine when hooked up directly to TV)

This is with the HDMI upgrade board installed, of course.

I captured just fine through a Black Magic Intensity Shuttle HDMI, 8 minutes was 32 gig at 1280X720X60fps. SDI I have on my EX1 and is much better than the very good HDMI720.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4