HDMI Module problem

Reaction score
Here's my problem:

Installed the HDMI module on the RC for my P4P.

Upon bringing it all up online with the drone, the camera goes black on the Go4 app and also for the goggles. In the Goggles you can see the HUD information but nothing else. When the hdmi cable is disconnect, the camera comes back up on the Go4 app.

I've updated the firmware on the RC. I'm running the pre-June 2017 firmware on the aircraft. Any thoughts on something I need to configure elsewhere? Thanks in advance for any constructive input.

Have you enabled the two settings in the app after the RC FW update? They are the OSD and Simulataneous outputs (or similar) that enable both the goggles and the camera view in the app to be used at the same time. No where near my device at the moment to post a screen shot.

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
I couldn’t find anything in the Go4 app. If you can please post a screen shot I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Need to be connected and powered up to both view and save these settings.
image.jpg

Thanks for the image. Found it, enabled and still the same. The camera image goes offline in the app and the Goggles. I'm stumped on what next to try.

Thanks for the image. Found it, enabled and still the same. The camera image goes offline in the app and the Goggles. I'm stumped on what next to try.
I did have problems with my first attempt at fitting the module to my P4 setup as I hadn't correctly inserted the three ribbon cables and pushed the retaining clips into their correct position. That caused me to lose either the camera or the Fatsharks display. Took me a couple of attempts to finally get it to seat properly as I found that when I screwed the module cover back on, it was pressing on one of the connectors causing it to drop the image. It would work if I removed the cover but fall over when I screwed it back on. Painful and long day....

Tevek,

I opened up the RC and saw that two of the clips were not seated. I pulled all the ribbons off and reseated and closed the clips this time then put the cover back on and still no luck. I also read elsewhere to uninstall the Go4 app and do a fresh install, again no luck.

I want to hook it all up without the white cover and test it unseated, however there is a small board in it that seats through a socket on the main board and I am sure it is needed in order to operate.

Another item that I am growing suspcious of is the HDMI adapter may be bad. I am using the white cable that came with the Goggles, plugged to the HDMI port on the headset then I have an adapter that converts from a regular HDMI plug into the RC HDMI port. Is this not the correct method?

Tevek,

I opened up the RC and saw that two of the clips were not seated. I pulled all the ribbons off and reseated and closed the clips this time then put the cover back on and still no luck. I also read elsewhere to uninstall the Go4 app and do a fresh install, again no luck.

I want to hook it all up without the white cover and test it unseated, however there is a small board in it that seats through a socket on the main board and I am sure it is needed in order to operate.

Another item that I am growing suspcious of is the HDMI adapter may be bad. I am using the white cable that came with the Goggles, plugged to the HDMI port on the headset then I have an adapter that converts from a regular HDMI plug into the RC HDMI port. Is this not the correct method?
Hmm, this is getting interesting. I use a quality HDMI cable with the micro adapter and it works fine. Wondering if the actual HDMI board is faulty (#54), although you would not have received the prompt to upgrade the RC if it wasn't working. What brand of goggles are you using, if they are the DJI brand, there may be something to do with updates for them to get them running. I know next to nothing about them apart from what I have read on this forum regarding setting them to connect to the RC.

On the actual DJI forum I saw a gentleman with the same problem but never followed up with what the cause was. I'm suspecting a cable or a faulty HDMI unit at this time.

Also as a side note, when I go into the Go4 app and toggle the "Display OSD on HDMI Display" to on, then go back to the live view page of the app then go back into settings, it will have toggled off again. Very weird.

Troubleshot the setup with a completely new HDMI cable and adapter, still the same. So the new HDMI card is coming out and being returned today. Thats the only other conclusion that I can come to.

If it's any consolation, you're not the only one with a faulty module. I may have mislead you with the previous link, here is a thread regarding activating your goggles prior to use with a P4P.
HOW TO: Activate the DJI Goggles with the DJI Assistant 2 app
You need DJI assistant 2 on your PC, there are a number of threads regarding the DJI goggles if you use the search engine (magnifying glass) at the top of the forum page.
May as well try that to determine if it is in the module, I suspect that when you refit the original module, the controller and app view will return as before.
Sorry if I'm a bit convoluted with my replies as I'm jumping on here for a few minutes at a time between work commitments.

No didn't think you were misleading. I thank you for your input! After eliminating everything else, all that was left was the module itself. It is already in the mail being returned to Amazon.

Reactions: P4PCommander
No didn't think you were misleading. I thank you for your input! After eliminating everything else, all that was left was the module itself. It is already in the mail being returned to Amazon.
As it turns out I'm chomping on a sandwich as I've found your reply. Hopefully it is just a faulty HDMI board as some time back there were a batch of #54 modules that fell over. I did some further reading regarding the dji goggles and found a number of concerns regarding firing them up for use and figured that I wasn't going near them. My fatsharks work just fine after spending quite some time dicking around with them as the instructions were rubbish and it was off to YouTube for me.
I'd be interested to see how you go, if there was a local drone shop that could fit the module and setup the googles and app view, it may be worth $50.

Tevek,

Second HDMI module came in the mail today. Swapped it right out as I have tons of practice on it now, and it works as advertised. So it was a bad module!

Thanks for your input!

Reactions: tevek

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1