HDMI Module Installation

Reaction score
I recently bought a Fatshark Dominator V3 and the hdmi module to install in to my Phantom 4 remote. Upon attempting the installation however I ran in to a bit of a problem. Attached to the USB module already installed in the remote are 2 red and black wires that make removing the port impossible. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Has anyone run in to this issue, and is there a fix or workaround?

Check the video on installing the dbs mod on maxxuav.com Jake shows how to remove the module. When I did mine I don't remember any red and black wires only 3 ribbon cables, 2 small and one wide.

Can you post a photo of the wires you mention......I've modded mine, and as Erised said above, there were only three ribbon cables and no other wires.

Can you post a photo of the wires you mention......I've modded mine, and as Erised said above, there were only three ribbon cables and no other wires.
This is why I'm so confused. All the videos I've seen no one ever mentions them. Ill post a picture when I get home.

Did you buy the P4 new? Just wondered if you bought it used, and the previous owner has done some sort of mod.
Look forward to seeing your photo later.

You got to remove only three ribbon cables to get the old module out.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

This is what I'm referring to.

Attachments

• IMG_8406.JPG
    IMG_8406.JPG
    702.2 KB · Views: 479
I'm a bit late catching up with this -(time difference in UK) -, but that definitely looks like a modification to the original board. You need to have a word with Drone-World about this.

I've no idea what the wires are for...maybe someone returned it with a faulty USB connection, and it's been "sorted" with this lash up, and then re-shipped as new?

Last edited:
Seems that it was moded , I just installed the HDMI module on mine and there were no other wires??? Works beautiful with fat shark dominator v3 by the way!!! And flying with the Fat Shark Dominator V3 is cool it changes your whole perspective! I think that I'd snip the wires leaving enough if possible to re-solder them if needed and install the hdmi module (which you've probably already done)

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj