HDMI module does not charge iPhone

Reaction score
My remote controller with new HDMI module stopped charging my IPhone while flying. My standard module used to charge my iPhone, what was very good, but this module is not charging, is this normal?

It all depends on which Apple device you're using.

My iPhone 7 charges when connected to my P4A remote controller (without the HDMI output module) and my P4P remote controller (with the HDMI output module). My iPad Mini 4 does not charge when connected to either of those remote controllers.

Imho, the charging of the phone/tablet should not be done via the RC at all. If it happens to switch out while flying from a data feed for GO to a charge port, you lose the connection for GO to work. I suspect this is why many have "Disconnected" screens (Like me!) and trying to get their devices to work right with GO. I've also had the RC switch partially off (Power green LED goes dark with the others on full.) with the Inspire 2 RC unit which is disturbing as you lose flight control and have to reboot the RC. But it's DJI stuff and it's not supposed to work right (ahem!) and less so after some firmware or software update.

I also took out my HDMI module as I was having too many "Disconnected" screens with my two iPads, but it was to no avail. Did seem to minimize the heat under that cover though with it gone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1