HD Setting and Channels

Reaction score
When I go into my HD settings where you can switch from Auto to Custom channels I rarely see any bars over any of the channels, be it stable or unstable. I tried switching to Custom to change to 4mbs but wasn't confident enough to have a good channel to select as none of them had any bars really, only a blip here and there.

Am I missing something? I flew this evening with clear VLOS and had my first weak signal at 256 meters in Auto, the signal came back but I returned just in case as it was my second flight.

Should I be seeing bars over the channels to indicate their status?

Same issue...I've been having problems as well, and haven't been able to figure out where the problem lies, whether it's my latest IOS update to my devices, whether it's the most recent Go app, or whether it has something to do with the latest (1.8 and 1.6) firmware on the AC and RC. I just got in from a flight, in a rural area, over paddocks, and there was no signal whatsoever, yet the AC flew beautifully. In the Go app, some of my videos are blacked out (been having this issue for a while, yet they play fine when I press play.)

The last couple of times I've checked my channels in the past week or so, there didn't seem to be a stable channel at all, they were bouncing around all over the place (set to Auto.) But yeah, flying today, I saw nothing at all on the channels screen - I don't get any errors like "weak image transmission" or anything like that, my photos and video are perfectly fine.

DJI has confirmed there are issues with the latest 9.1-9.3 IOS, but other than that, all I was told was to try and Android device and see if it's still happening.

IMG_0007.PNG
IMG_0006.PNG

I don't know what to make of this, but I'm chatting about my issue to a DJI rep right now, and his answer is: "That's great! It means no electromagnetic interference around you."

He also asked whether I'd tried at home...so I booted up the P3A in my rumpus room, where the WIFI router/modem is, and saw this...

IMG_0008.PNG

Last edited:
If you don't see any vertical bars, that means you have no interference at your site. You should select a channel which has no near or minimum near interference.

When I go into my HD settings where you can switch from Auto to Custom channels I rarely see any bars over any of the channels, be it stable or unstable. I tried switching to Custom to change to 4mbs but wasn't confident enough to have a good channel to select as none of them had any bars really, only a blip here and there.

Am I missing something? I flew this evening with clear VLOS and had my first weak signal at 256 meters in Auto, the signal came back but I returned just in case as it was my second flight.

Should I be seeing bars over the channels to indicate their status?
You are lucky to have low interference at site.

Thanks guys. I thought I had to have a channel that was green and stable. I live in a remote location of 300 people and no cell service, no other towns for hundreds of kilometers, so I should be good. That adds to my confidence.

It's a little misleading that the two bars are either stable or unstable but then no bars means no interference, you think it would be one or the other. A little confusing but great to know I am in the clear.

Last edited:
Reactions: Santiego
Update: I tried changing the setting to Custom and there were no bars showing over any of the channels so I chose channel 13 and set it to 4mbs. I made it a few hundred feet and received a Weak Signal warning, clear VLOS, strange. I switched back to Auto and flew around fine.

Another Update: I went to a different location and switched to Custom, 4mbs on channel 20 and at 358ft elevation I flew 10,000 ft with no drop in video or control. I flew in Sport mode and turned around due to a tailwind and I wanted to ensure I had enough power to get back. The temperature is 8ºc and I returned with 45% battery remaining.

Completely stock. I am very impressed and excited to say the least.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj