Hawk Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great shots of the hawk though!

I had one of those suckers circling mine last weekend every time I took it above the tree line. I decided to keep out of its way - looks like that was a good decision!

So what might be good defensive things that would both keep the bird from being hurt and keep our flying camera safe? Maybe a sound at a particular pitch?

That makes me think what would happen if a condor or some protected bird got hurt or died from attacking a quad. Would the quad owner be responsible?

I know the govt is working on some high end avoidance systems, but I think a lot of that might be where all the vehicles in the air have the same system so everyone stays away from each other.

But that picture of the hawk attacking the quad is amazing. I looked and I could see no obvious injury to the hawk.

I know one thing, if I saw a hawk flying in my direction like that, I would bank left or right, avoid his attack and not just watch what is going to happen...

Not worth risking Hawk's health and Phantom.

Reactions: iAm
un hombre said:
I know one thing, if I saw a hawk flying in my direction like that, I would bank left or right, avoid his attack and not just watch what is going to happen...

Not worth risking Hawk's health and Phantom.

That was a pretty fast attack. He may not have realized it was incoming until too late. But, notice he powered down the props ASAP and let it willingly fall out of the sky to protect the hawk. This was also confirmed on an article I saw where they interviewed him.

It also sounds like he tried to power back up last second. But that was too late. :)

I hope he's at least getting some advertising $$$ for all the views that video is getting - might pay for a new Phantom :)

I kill loads of creatures when I fly :)
Always get insects of some kind that seem to be drawn to the noise of the Phantom and for some odd reason they seem to make kamikaze runs at the props.
Usually have a craft covered in splats at the end of each flight.
Strangely though they don't seem to be attracted to the F450.

houldsworth1 said:
I hope he's at least getting some advertising $$$ for all the views that video is getting - might pay for a new Phantom :)

I hope not, because in most of the places, this would mean he is using Phantom for commercial use which is in most places illegal or requires a licence...

Too much noise about this is not helping him at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20