Hawk attack, close call

Reaction score
I was filming my favorite local mountain this morning and I was about 2 miles out and about 1200 feet above my take off point. I was slowly moving up the ridge line when I saw a hawk fly by. It is common on this mountain, something I have seen several times. But then this one came back around into attack mode. I immediately thought of the video where the hawk takes out a drone causing it to crash and I decided to not take my chances and bring my P3P home!

Take a look
:

a little anti-climactic as it didn't seem like the hawk was going after you, he just appeared to be turning around or diving down for something else

either way, glad you didn't lose your bird, and you have some beautiful scenery out there

When I saw him circle around I went full up. I think it was pretty clear he was coming around to attack, or at least get a closer look. No way to know for sure, but it scared me enough to get out of there.

Reactions: iAm
I was recently flying my drone in The Netherlands, and in several places seagulls were swooping my Phantom. They never hit it, but came within 5 feet or so. On the West Coast US, that never happen. Maybe Dutch seagulls are different!

Birds love to attack phantoms. Mine got swarmed by little birds when I took this (me standing by the blue bug):
KCNBimH.png

I brought it back as fast as I could, moved to another location and they seemed to leave me alone. Was probably too close to a nesting area.

Birds love to attack phantoms. Mine got swarmed by little birds when I took this (me standing by the blue bug):
KCNBimH.png

I brought it back as fast as I could, moved to another location and they seemed to leave me alone. Was probably too close to a nesting area.
Love the shot!

Actually....this is exactly what they do when I'm flying along in my 172. They look like that but then they tuck and dive to remove themselves very quickly from the situation. That's the one thing a bird knows how to do very well....fall.

Nice video!

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

I was recently flying my drone in The Netherlands, and in several places seagulls were swooping my Phantom. They never hit it, but came within 5 feet or so. On the West Coast US, that never happen. Maybe Dutch seagulls are different!
i had a seagull chase my drone at Dinosaur Caves Park in Pismo Beach, California this summer. it literally chased my P3 over land, and then it tried to hit it as i was hovering 12 feet over the ground trying to line up my landing. the pelicans couldn't care less, but the seagulls were sure interested in me.

Godverdomme!

You think those Netherlands and Dutch birds are crazy, you should see the ones from Holland.

Seagulls would not leave my bird alone during yesterday's flight. They were flying and circling me. Never experienced this before.

KCNBimH.png

I've been looking for a cliff like this to fly the two-drone system.
Be able to stand by the car and descend way over the cliff edge.

You think those Netherlands and Dutch birds are crazy, you should see the ones from Holland.
:confused: netherlands Dutch Holland it's all the same .
The netherlands is the name of the country. Holland is actualy just a part of a name. you got north Holland and south Holland they are different county's within the netherlands. Oh yeah and in the netherlands we speak Dutch ;) and yeah we got some crazy birds here all flying around in a gigantic cloud of herb smoke :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20