Hawaii

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I live in London and I’m going to Hawaii with the intention to film on my phantom. What exactly would I need to do in order to have permission to fly? Thanks

You need to register with the FAA under "Section 336" on the FAA's website here. Upon completing that quick registration process, you'll receive an FAA registration number that needs to be applied to all of the drones you'll be flying. Write or stick that number on your drone in a location that is accessible without using tools.

Reactions: Kai.AL
In terms of flight restrictions: No drone flights in National Park and in HI State Parks. Also, I think there's a no fly zone over the current Kilauea eruption, which is outside of the National Park.

Reactions: Kai.AL
You need to register with the FAA under "Section 336" on the FAA's website here. Upon completing that quick registration process, you'll receive an FAA registration number that needs to be applied to all of the drones you'll be flying. Write or stick that number on your drone in a location that is accessible without using tools.

Thanks!

In terms of flight restrictions: No drone flights in National Park and in HI State Parks. Also, I think there's a no fly zone over the current Kilauea eruption, which is outside of the National Park.

Thanks for the info!!

Have the same question and also: is there a height limit that I can stay under and still be allowed to fly in National Parks? Like 5 meters or so?

Does it help flying in NPs if I get a 336 registration?

How heavily fined can/will I be if flying in NP, a maximum of 10 meters?

I’m serious. Not looking to use the drone as a drone but a gimbal ground cam.. would look astonishing anyways.

is there a height limit that I can stay under and still be allowed to fly in National Parks?
No. You're not allowed to take off in national parks period.

Reactions: Dronefriend
No. You're not allowed to take off in national parks period.
I will find a long stick and duck tape the drone to it. Props off. You will all see

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31