Hawaii with P3P?

Reaction score
Hi all, I am beginning to plan our 2016 holiday to hawaii, as the title suggests I would like to take my P3P, I'll be flying from the UK via Amsterdam and San Francisco.
Thoughts??

Hawaii is awesome. Enjoy the trip. Just be careful flying, there are tons of state parks over there.

Long airplane flights, I hope you're staying awhile!

I've taken my P2V+ over twice with no problems. A backpack is ideal as carry-on and hiking on the islands with your Phantom.

Keep sand out of your motors. I always take off from my backpack and hand catch. Which island you going to visit? Maui is my favorite with Hawaii a close second.

Going to the north shore to capture surfers would be a good target. Pali drive lookout is also an epic place to fly, you can see both sides of the island from about 200' AGL, but sometimes it's too windy, be careful. Coordinates: 21.366956,-157.793177

Another good shoot is the Ko Olina resort area, taking a shot of the hotels and beach, flying over the ocean sideways up the coast.

If you like movies, visit the Kualoa Ranch on the northeast side, over 50 movies were made there, including the series Lost. It's a good tour, but I'm not sure if they would let you fly the area, you'd have to ask your tour guide.

There's usually turtles sleeping on the beach at Halewa Ali i Park Beach on the north shore. However I don't suggest flying there, only stopping by after the you get surfer shots at Banzai Pipeline.

You will definitely need a backpack for the craft. Remember, carry all of the LiPo batteries as carry-on when you fly to HI, but if you have the right size backpack you can take the craft as carry-on too.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20