Hawaii from above- critiques wanted

great vid but i think some of the footage you speeded up should of been slower and some of your slowler footage could of been speeded up, there is a real art in video editing and im far from perfect thats just my humble opinion!!

Reactions: Mholz
great vid but i think some of the footage you speeded up should of been slower and some of your slowler footage could of been speeded up, there is a real art in video editing and im far from perfect thats just my humble opinion!!

I appreciate the feedback, my goal was to match the cuts to the beat of the song so had to speed up a lot of clips. None are slowed down more than normal speed only sped up. Glad you enjoyed !!

I appreciate the feedback, my goal was to match the cuts to the beat of the song so had to speed up a lot of clips. None are slowed down more than normal speed only sped up. Glad you enjoyed !!
OP, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. This is why I always ask the artist their intended purpose. I agree you met your goal to match beats with cuts. I think others assumed you also wanted to tell a story and present the beautiful Aloha vibe while doing so. So naturally, people would say slower, smoother, etc. But it's all in what the artist wants to convey. By the looks of things, these were from Big island and Kauai, correct? I miss those islands, especially now that it's winter.

Check out this clip below where the artist was trying to convey an aerial journey touring Kauai island. The intent was to focus on landscape and the challenging terrain. As such, he didn't use the typical 'soft Hawaiian musical tone'. But, that's the beauty of art. It's up to the artist to decide the emotion he/she wants to convey.

That was a fantastic clip, thank you for sharing. I totally agree with you on all fronts, all shots were taken from BI, Oahu and Kauai. I go every year to experience and live Aloha. Paradise on earth and eye candy for the bird

Very cool! What bird are you flying? Horizon looks tilted and also fisheye when pitched down. Nice flying, nice flick!

Very cool! What bird are you flying? Horizon looks tilted and also fisheye when pitched down. Nice flying, nice flick!

Glad you enjoyed, was flying my trusty old P2 .. Quick edit via GoPro studio I may have forgot to remove fisheye in that clip.

Noticing the horizon issue, think it's time to trash the gimbal and upgrade the bird

Great Video, the horizon thing is quite noticeable in a few of the shots, how was the flying in Hawaii? any issues to speak of?

Great Video, the horizon thing is quite noticeable in a few of the shots, how was the flying in Hawaii? any issues to speak of?

No issues whatsoever flying the bird in Hawaii, people were more curious than anything.. I flew early in the day and tried to avoid ppl as well just to be on the safe side

Fantastic, I am due to visit thi year and will take mine with me, did you use the DJI backpack? I have a pelican case but also got the backpack for smaller profile, i guess the island hopper planes are pretty small?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20