Having Withdrawals

Reaction score
I'm having withdrawals! So, I got my P3 Pro and took it for a couple practice flights in the front yard a couple weeks ago - and I got my Advanced boxed up and ready for it's new owner (my brother in law bought it, just hasn't been delivered yet). Anyway, I took my Pro out last weekend and had a BLAST! Flew it for nearly a mile and a half over the lake, then to the mountains, got great range and was loving it! Then took it to a local waterfall!

So last weekend was the first time I actually got to really fly my new Pro - at the waterfall, I had a tight spot to get it up, and then to get it out over the waterfall away from trees and brush, etc. The Pro is a lot more sensitive than the Advanced - I took off and it hovered about 4 feet waiting on me, but it started to drift a little too close to the brush nearby. So I took it straight up - only the controls were more sensitive than the Advanced, and it got really close to some small twigs in the trees about 20 feet up. I started trying to bring it down just a little to get it out over the water, and it just barely snagged a twig - I thought, maybe I'm gonna be alright. Nope - it snagged again and props pulled it into the twigs, and she came down, hard.

Landed on the wooden walkway from about 20 feet up. Cracked, dented and separated the body, but the camera was still good - I flew it again immediately after and got the footage I was after, but she's in the shop in California now, and I'm just waiting for the damage report - and that was it's first outing! DANG! And no, I didn't put insurance on it - DANG!!! And I bought it on credit, and it's not even paid for yet - DANG!!!

So, do I get my brother in law's Advanced out and fly it to get over my withdrawals until I get mine back? If something happens to it, it's on me! I know one thing, when I get my Pro back, prop guards are going on it!

make sure to get the fast release prop guards (amazon.com). With hearing all these stories about cracks forming under prop screws I wonder if the added support from the prop guards will keep cracks from starting.

IMG_0372.JPG
IMG_0373.JPG

What about these? This is what came with it and they haven't been used yet?

Looks like what I have but mine are blue.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik